Home General Discussion

Do you smoke at your job?

Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
I'm a hvac guy and am in my truck a lot of the time. You'd think I would smoke cigars while in between jobs but I rarely do. I just don't find it as enjoyable when your running around like a chicken with its head cut off. But if it was a more relaxing job you bet I'd be puffing! So do any of you have a job where you can relax and smoke a nice cigar?
Money can't buy taste

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Hi Mr. Lee. I don't but I feel the same as you. I want to enjoy my time and maximize the experience. I have, however, had one cigar while at work. 
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    james40 said:
    Hi Mr. Lee. I don't but I feel the same as you. I want to enjoy my time and maximize the experience. I have, however, had one cigar while at work. 
    Yup same here 1 total! It sucks but eh what can you do?! 
    Money can't buy taste
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    From time to time, when the weather is fine and office is slow, I will ride my murdercycle du jour down the the old abandoned bridge, stare at the river, and burn one.

That's a tasty cigar rolled by Willy Guerrero. I recognize the mold mark down the side of it.

If you were to wade this stream a quarter mile this direction you would come to the fringe of the office park where we lease. There's some nice sized fish below this bridge.

So, no, I don't burn them while working, exactly; but I do burn one now and then at lunch.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Devildog1Devildog1 Posts: 931 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does customer golf outings and a herf at the bar with customers count, if so that would be a big fat YES
  • EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I work at home so, yea I do.  
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've tried a few sticks while roasting, since there's an exhaust fan going anyway.  But I can't enjoy it.  Roasting coffee's not rocket surgery, but between keeping the roast under control, labeling, weighing, and bagging, it got to be where the only reason I was taking a drag was to keep the thing lit and figured where's the joy in that?
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,530 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes at lunch I'll smoke a pipe or a smaller cigar.

I do enjoy a cigar at home in the garage under the range hood when I'm roasting coffee, but coffee's just a hobby to me, not a job.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • CigarPunkCigarPunk Posts: 826 ✭✭✭✭
    Work in office. Wish I could enjoy a smoke but answer is no.
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I smoke the hell out of them while I am looking for work, think I will make that a requirement for any employer
    A little dirt never hurt
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,048 ✭✭✭✭✭
    on and off all day (outside) when the shop isn't too busy
  • tabakotabako Posts: 365 ✭✭✭
    I very often take a long lunch to try a new stick, or I can work from my truck and enjoy a stick at times.
  • jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will, outside on break. Short format
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,414 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In my garage at work, every day! It's good to be King!
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Retired, so...Yes!  :)
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I work from home too, but we still rent so can't smoke inside. My sweet said that once we buy our own place though the extra bedroom or basement I can turn into an indoor smoke lounge where my office is. Will be hella nice to smoke and work at the same time :)

Brett
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Rockethead26Rockethead26 Posts: 296 ✭✭✭✭
    Can't. Smoke free campus and I'm talking with the public almost all day or night.
    Life is good, don't waste it.
  • johnnyBjohnnyB Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a  stay at home dad, I smoke when I want. The boss won't let me smoke inside,but I can head outside anytime 
    Non Crux sed lux
  • avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes I get to. It's when I have long drives to houses I'll be showing.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I work for the Gubmint, so I'm not allowed to do use tobacco at all while on gubmint property. But when I go out to work on a machine out in the middle of no where and no people around, I'll sometimes grab a cigar.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • MikeToddMikeTodd Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I work on a tobacco free campus that provides sub acute rehab so no smoking for me. I drive about an hour and ten to and from work but I don't want my car smelling like a chimney.
  • First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I walk up the hill to my studio, put the coffee and music on and grab a cigar every morning. Do the same after supper.
  • Bobbo2009Bobbo2009 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭
    I work out of my home some of the time during the year.  Maybe once every few years I will move the office to the deck outside and light one up.

I do travel a lot and will light one up if I have a drive of 1 hour or more, especially on a Friday when I have been gone all week and headed home.  I do make sure to keep the window down or cracked.  I will spray some febreeze in the truck when I get to where I am going.