Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

my surprise today.

0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
A while back, I had stopped for a motorist on the side of the road. It was pouring down rain and I asked if they were ok. the gal said her windshield wipers had quit. so I take a look at them and it's an older Chevy that I've had experience with.
I pulled the cover and there was a connection broken. I soldered it real quick and away she went.

So I stop at the local cigar store and he has this cigar for me.
Explains that someone I knew asked him to get it for me, because I stopped and helped his daughter when her car broke down. He knew I smoke cigars and asked the local shop owner to get me something sprcial. LOL!

In Fumo Pax
Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
Atmospheric pressure and crap.

Comments

• 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow that is awesome Tony and just shows again like the innumerable times you have before how great of a guy you are ;)

Brett
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • MorganGeoMorganGeo Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's awesome
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And so he's paying tribute to you with a Tribute for helping his daughter. Quite apropos, I'd say. 

Nice going, Tony.....  
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Funny thing is, those cigars are getting extremely hard to find anymore.
    How the shop owner came up with it, I have no idea.
    I burned up the last of those I had long ago, so getting another one was a real gift.

I have to give props to the shop owner for knowing that Torano is one of my favorite brands and searching out something I couldn't normally come up with.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • CigarPunkCigarPunk Posts: 826 ✭✭✭✭
    Very nice. 
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    great story Tony, well deserved Tribute
    A little dirt never hurt
  • EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's awsome Tony.  and we'll deserved friend.  
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • NolagizmoNolagizmo Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well deserved

"Come party with me in Tennessee for my birthday July we can smoke in the Smokey's."
  • bert873bert873 Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's awesome. It pays to be kind to those around you!
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very cool karma Tony
  • tabakotabako Posts: 365 ✭✭✭✭
    Great story! Enjoy the homage.
  • genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice Tony. Kind of cool to see something like this rather than all the negativity we to often see. 
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 20,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    good work, Tony. I am always surprised that most people don't engage in acts of kindness, sure would be a better world if they did. Seems that fear and greed are on the rise.
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wonderful story, Tony. The part about you helping someone in need is no surprise. 
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • AlbinfkAlbinfk Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good deeds always pay off. Not enough of this going around these days. Way to be an example!
  • johnnyBjohnnyB Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is awesome,way too go.
    Always good to go the extra mile 
    Non Crux sed lux
  • Rockethead26Rockethead26 Posts: 296 ✭✭✭✭
    Karma, indeed!
    Life is good, don't waste it.
  • miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    If more people where like this, the world would be a much better place. Cigars can sooth a lot of things when u are sitting with others, time stands still.. Nothing better than relaxing and enjoying a good seegar. Even better when it's a seegar from another who took the time to gift it. Awesome story.
    Post edited by miller65rod on
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?