Home Non Cigar Related

Local tragedy

Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 11,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2016 in Non Cigar Related
if you haven't already turned the news on we had an active shooter in an Orlando nightclub early this morning. Over 50 people have been confirmed killed. An Orlando swat officer was shot in the head during the breach and exchange of gun fire with the suspect. He was saved by the Kevlar helmet he was wearing. Please keep the these people in your prayers and pray for the safety of all first responders. Thanks
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

Post edited by Usaf06 on

Comments

• CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,424 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just heard about this and thought of our brother in the Orlando area. Prayers to the families.

• silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 20,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've written two responses to this news and deleted them both, just don't know what to say. So sorry to those involved and to the kids who are going to inherit this mess.
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    :pensive:
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bad news, will pray for all affected.
  • EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭✭✭
    With my move I've been out of the news loop for a bit but it seems that this shooting has generated much less news than others. I wonder if it is because we are so use to it now because it happens with much greater frequency or because the target was an LGBT club? Either way we should be outraged.
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    It generated plenty of news, you might have been out of pocket. When 50 people get slaughtered by a disgruntled individual, regardless of the reason, it is news and well should be. These unfortunate individuals were just trying to have innocent fun and embracing their individuality among those that embraced and understood their  individuality. It's sad. To bad that guy was killed. It would have been worthwhile to study him, and those like him, to find out what makes them tick. Of course the study would not happen over night and the results might be found in generations before his birth as well as after.
  • genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It generated plenty of news, you might have been out of pocket. When 50 people get slaughtered by a disgruntled individual, regardless of the reason, it is news and well should be. These unfortunate individuals were just trying to have innocent fun and embracing their individuality among those that embraced and understood their  individuality. It's sad. To bad that guy was killed. It would have been worthwhile to study him, and those like him, to find out what makes them tick. Of course the study would not happen over night and the results might be found in generations before his birth as well as after.
    Sorry, i usually try to stay out of these conversations but what are you going to study? These people are filled with hate for anyone that does not have their beliefs. 
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 11,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gathering tonight paying respectimage
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

• Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 11,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another picimage
    -- Winston Churchill

• AlbinfkAlbinfk Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow. That's an amazing shot.
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,424 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I sat that picture on twitter. Wow.