Home General Discussion
Options

Doesn't make sense

johnnyBjohnnyB Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
So I shipped a package out on Saturday,it shows that it's out for delivery today. That rocks. I placed an order on Saturday June 4th from c.com,it is not going to be here until the 15th this doesn't rock.why is it that ups sucks so bad. I was under the impression that my shipping would be in three days or less,but that was a mistake,due to a typo on the forum homepage,that for weeks said free shipping in 3 days or less on order over $50 . Damn the bad luck 
Non Crux sed lux

Comments

• Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shipping in three days or less means it will leave their facility in that time fame. Delivery in 3 days or less means you will have it then. Amazon plays the same word games.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,983 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shipping is my biggest issue with online retailers. If you can't ship priority mail I don't buy from you. There some exceptions but free priority shipping should always be included with online retailers. That's why I shop mostly from the same site of its not an auction site
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    CigarPunkCigarPunk Posts: 826 ✭✭✭✭
    Usaf06 said:
    Shipping is my biggest issue with online retailers. If you can't ship priority mail I don't buy from you. There some exceptions but free priority shipping should always be included with online retailers. That's why I shop mostly from the same site of its not an auction site
    Seeing that I am moving to ohio the tax nation will need to explore more online. Any chance you could pm me the site you use
  • Options
    Word games,I should have known. I have two teenagers,I should have cought that. Thanks for the input gents. I'll have to make sure that I use the USPS from here on out. Never had any issues with them so far 
    Non Crux sed lux
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or, just realize it doesn't matter if UPS takes 2 extra days to deliver because you have 14 years worth of sticks in your inventory.  :-)

Of course, nobody wants a box of sticks sitting in a hot/smelly UPS truck longer than necessary in the summer time.  But you're not going to smoke them ROTT anyway, so what's the difference?
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    Peter you lost me on the 14years worth of sticks 
    Non Crux sed lux
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    johnnyB said:
    Peter you lost me on the 14years worth of sticks 
    So for you we'll down-grade that to 13 years worth.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    Oh I see,it all makes sense now  ;)
    Non Crux sed lux
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    I live in the same state...before the "smart post" I used to get my smoke in two days! After they started smart post it takes a couple more days. Honestly I hate shipping stuff from other venders since they seem to use ups a lot and not priority. But some things only others have and your at the mercy of the shipping gods
    Money can't buy taste