Home General Discussion

New world records set yeah!

Comments

• 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's only because Kuzi wasn't participating. ROFL!
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^^^^^^ LOL!!!
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HAHAHA
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ya'll laugh, but you know I'm right.  B)

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0patience said:
    Ya'll laugh, but you know I'm right.  B)

yep
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been trying to discover the rules of this contest, but so far no success. Anyone have the official rules?
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Big''nBall''nBig''nBall''n Posts: 767 ✭✭✭✭
    I emailed the Host, very fancy site kind of hard to read thou, felt like i needed a black tie just to troll there site thou! 
    The Names Ball'n.... Big'nBall'n! 
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I think the rules are bs! Not that I've seen them but from those times it's not a corona! 
    Money can't buy taste
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am guessing a robutso or toro is the standard that they used for that competition based off the times alone.

Brett
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    I found the rules, at least the 2014 rules (from another source with the same content but worse formatting):

http://www.hajenius.com/images/banners/CSWC/Wedstrijdreglement_UK.pdf

You smoke the same Mareva (Petit Corona) sized cigar (5-1/8" x 42 ring) as everyone else down to the band without relighting and are penalized if your ash falls before 40 minutes.  The one who smokes longest wins.  You also can't put your cigar down during the contest.

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Big''nBall''nBig''nBall''n Posts: 767 ✭✭✭✭
    Yakster said:
    I agree, making a petit corona last almost three hours has to be about as close as you can come to not smoking while your still smoking a cigar.

It must come in handy at parties, though, like those people who can nurse one drink all night and still appear to be joining in and having fun.  Another talent I'm lacking.
    strangely enough i can nurse a drink a long a$$ time lol especially the $$ ones
    The Names Ball'n.... Big'nBall'n! 
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've managed to make a corona last an hour and a half. But only because it was so good I didn't want to take the chance of overheating it. Couldn't imagine doing it for almost 3 hours. I assume there's no relights allowed. You'd have to really be able to know when to puff to keep it going. 
  • eklektos44eklektos44 Posts: 145 ✭✭✭
    It's quite a feat. Why I'd want to do it I can't imagine. In fact I'd probably get pretty bored.
    "Many a true word hath been spoken in jest"
                                                                  King Lear
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In general, I say it's a smart thing to make a cigar last as long as possible and burn it slower/cooler.  Not only does it help with the flavors, it adds to that mystical therapy-session atmosphere we often look for.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,414 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or, we could light another to keep the session going? That's my theory !
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭✭
    cbuck said:
    Or, we could light another to keep the session going? That's my theory !
    Kinda like when me and my buddy are only allowed one beer by his wife... we figure if we don't empty the glass and keep filling it up we're still on our first one.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,414 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Exactly!