Home General Discussion
Options

My final post

LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭

I’ve been on this forum for 3 years. I’ve enjoyed the conversations and friendships I’ve made here. I will not forget some of you.

I have been accused of dry begging and it’s been nothing but abuse and some people’s personal vendettas to disagree with all my posts. It wears a guy thin and I’ve hit the end of my rope. A community which I have loved and participated in has become one that I don't want to deal with anymore.

Yes. I have accepted people’s generosity that has come of some of my posts. There are plenty of you here who have accepted peoples gifts too, not just me.  But on the flip side I have also made my own purchases with my own hard earned money based off of the input and advice received in those posts as well. I declined and rejected COUNTLESS offers from people to send me stuff. I appreciated the generous thoughts and offers but I didn’t need it and I know there were plenty of other people who would have had their days brightened by receiving a bomb more than I would have.

Some of you may ask why I haven't bombed people as much as I have in the past… Yeah I used to bomb people regularly. I LOVED IT! It was a kick! But in the last 2.5 years have been a financial nightmare in some aspects and an amazing adventure in the same time. The process of selling and buying a new house, taking on my responsibilities as a Graham Clan representative and unexpected home maintenance issues have been bleeding us dry. I don’t have the disposable income to nickel and dime myself to death bombing people like I had been.

I love and appreciate many of you for helping guide me through the world of cigars. I will remember many of you fondly…. But will easily forget more people than I would like to say. I am no longer participating on this site until I feel its worth reinvesting my time here. If you want to get in contact with me, I will respond to messages… but that’s all I will be doing unless someone can give me a damn good reason not to up and leave. Peace out. Its been an adventure.

Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.

Comments

• Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm used to taking the ****, I can volunteer to be on the list to make someone feel needed ;)

PS. If the sarcasm couldn't be anymore obvious, this is as clear as it gets.

Brett
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,734 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, to the bully "come after me I'm a man I'm 40".  For those that don't know this refreance here you go.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aoMmbUmKN0E 
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    By far the best thing about turning 40 was being able to say "I'm a man, I'm 40!"
  • Options
    miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Echambers

You are spot on and I think you have right to question others motives. The forum self polices itself from what I have seen and if you feel the need to say something to individuals you have every right and you did so in a private matter. 

I would think the response's, if you got any would tell you a lot about what you have questioned. 
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As far as I'm concerned, as I stated, Eric's approach was proper and respectable. It approached the subject to those concerned in a private message and gave advice.

As was stated by one of the wise men here, it is difficult to read intent into posts. So what may come across one way, may not be the intended way it was posted.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Illigitimi non carborundum.
    Don't turn your back on your friends.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Golden rule, karma, or just being a decent human; however you want to state it, it is the right thing to do.

Its not just espousing an ideal, it is a way of life. 

If you factor in BOTL/BORK to the equation, that means something even more. Being a BOTL/BORK means you do more. 

Just my .02...

-Jay
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • Options
    Rockethead26Rockethead26 Posts: 296 ✭✭✭✭
    webmost said:
    Illigitimi non carborundum.
    Don't turn your back on your friends.

After googling the saying, I think a more reasonable translation is: "Don't let the bastards wear you down" which is exactly applicable in this thread.
    Life is good, don't waste it.
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    This is why I can be blunt and "not helpful" too many people coming on here thinking they **** don't stink or have a special something and what to do with it. I don't care I really don't! If you stick around and learn then great! If your a troll go f yourself! I actually give up on a lot of things on here due to the very big wtf factor! I really hope @LiquidChaos66 you don't leave but IMO I do understand everything but really I just don't give a crap much about anyone else but the true forum members
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    Darktower007Darktower007 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear of this Liquid. Hope you stick around. 
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,016 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is why I can be blunt and "not helpful" too many people coming on here thinking they **** don't stink or have a special something and what to do with it. I don't care I really don't! If you stick around and learn then great! If your a troll go f yourself! I actually give up on a lot of things on here due to the very big wtf factor! I really hope @LiquidChaos66 you don't leave but IMO I do understand everything but really I just don't give a crap much about anyone else but the true forum members
    wasted james brown james browns future shock
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Let me correct this I care for the people who are wanting to learn and also people that contribute to the forums. But as stated the trolls must go! Although I haven't seen as many as there use to be or I'm just not on enough to notice
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're getting soft, Lee... starting to worry about you.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We knew what you meant Lee.  ;)

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,653 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there a lesson to be learned from this? I am not that familiar with forums as such but is this the wild west or is there a process to get a handle on those who's only apparent function here is to dog other members?
    A little dirt never hurt