Home General Discussion

Birthday help needed!

tabakotabako Posts: 365 ✭✭✭
I have a cousin coming into town this weekend that I haven't seen in 15 years. We share the same birthday and I thought it would be nice to get him a bottle of good bourbon. I know he likes bourbon and he likes a good cigar. I can probably find one of the latter that he'd like, but need some help with picking out a great whiskey. Any suggestions? 
Tagged:

Comments

• EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Woodinville whisky since he'd be hard pressed to find that outside of Washington state. 
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lots and lots of choices. Eagle Rare 10 Year single barrel can be found most places for $30-$40 and is brilliant. Four Roses Small Batch or Elijah Craig 12 Year is great stuff that is very reasonably priced right about $30 each. On the pricer end you could go with something like Four Roses Single Barrel around $50-$60, or could even go up to the Four Roses Single Barrel Barrel Proof for the $75-$90 price range. Also, Angel's Envy is a brilliant one that both enthusiast and just mild drinkers alike typically really enjoy and is coming in about the $50-$60 range for most places. I am also a big fan of Wild Turkey and their Rare Breed or Kentucky Spirit is just killer and would be perfect, both can be found around the $40-$50 mark at most places too.

That said, any of those listed above would be enjoyed by anyone that seriously likes whiskey and especially bourbon, price aside there is not a bad drink listed there. 

Hope this helps,
    Brett
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buillet. 
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • CigarPunkCigarPunk Posts: 826 ✭✭✭✭
    Russells 10 year great at good price point. 
  • tabakotabako Posts: 365 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the ideas guys. My boss is giving me my birthday off tomorrow so I will be running around getting everything I need for the weekend. I'll see what I can find at my favorite wine/liquor/beer/cigar store. Party!