Home General Discussion

My humidor

2»

Comments

• Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now he has12 of those  :s
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hahaha Peter did it up right lol!!! And I thought I was bad with my little 50qt cooler and 18 bottle wineador and two 125ct desktop humis rofl :p

Brett

"When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    Hey Brett, 
    Question about the litter. Do you add water like one does with other gel bead setups (Doctor RH) or do you just throw it in the bottom dry?
    I've never had the need for that setup but the question just came to mind. 

• dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know the answer is in a thread someplace here, but I am too damn lazy to look it up. I would think the litter would absorb excess humidity but in a dry climate I would think you would need to add water, either with shot glasses or like you say, put it in the litter. Hoping an expert will chime in here
    A little dirt never hurt
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey Brett, 
    Question about the litter. Do you add water like one does with other gel bead setups (Doctor RH) or do you just throw it in the bottom dry?
    I've never had the need for that setup but the question just came to mind. 

Hey Dennis!

I add distilled water to it every month or two and works perfect. Don't want to flood it but you do want to get it good and wet, takes a time or two to figure out the "touch" but the learning curve isn't steep at all honestly. 

Brett
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You'll want to moisten a percentage of the beads...  if they're all wet, they won't be absorbing moisture, and if they're all dry they won't be able to add moisture to the cigars.  How much distilled water you add will depend on the season and how airtight your humidor is.  Also, the beads like being sprayed; they tend to crack if you just dump water on them.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis