Home General Discussion

Since viaje changed factories to which Gurkha is also rolled in will you still go crazy over them??

Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
edited June 2016 in General Discussion
So I tried the new c4 and mystery skull and bones...not very impress and am wondering if since pdr took over blending has gone downhill?
Money can't buy taste

Since viaje changed factories to which Gurkha is also rolled in will you still go crazy over them?? 15 votes

Yes
6%
MorganGeo 1 vote
No
20%
Darktower007miller65rodWylaff 3 votes
Mind not made up
73%
90+_Irishmanrobertgreen30Glock1975MartelCharlieHeisbert873matkn293Usaf06Devildog1tabakoYakster 11 votes

Comments

• miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I have always tried to like Viaje cigars but for some reason I am not getting it. Maybe me. However I do like some PDR's. Go figure.
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• Edna20Edna20 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh man, it took me a while to realize that I hadn't really smoked a Viaje I didn't really like. So I would consider myself a Viaje ho, but it took me a while to even realize it. I hope they don't ruin them :-/
    Team O'Donnell FTW!
  • Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mind not made up
    Yikes, did not know that. 
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mind not made up
    Will have to wait and see, could easily go either way and I try not to judge a book by its cover so will see. 

Brett
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I'm putting no, but only because I don't care for most Viaje's. But the ones I like, I really like.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
    No
    Wylaff said:
    I'm putting no, but only because I don't care for most Viaje's. But the ones I like, I really like.
    Good Point ....I forgot about the Satori's. Damn good smoke. I think you costed me 2 bills on that purchase lol.  I still have many Viajes I have yet to try, so I guess the verdict is out but the ones I have smoked have not been what I was expecting excluding Satori's.
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Try the Dark Meat and the Jalapenos if you liked the Satori.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mind not made up
    Fullmoon and friends and family are excellent. I like most viaje though 
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

No
    Will do. Thx. I still have some gifted ones I have yet to try so we shall see what they are like.
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• skydiverDskydiverD Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope things dont change.  I am not a fan of PDR but I do like quite a few Viajes.
    How do you like my profile pic Taborski?   @matkn293          
  • bert873bert873 Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mind not made up
    I haven't had a viaje I didn't enjoy so I'm hoping they don't change
  • matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Mind not made up
    I enjoy viaje and hope that is doesn't change. What most people like is the limited run, good quality that they produce. If that goes, so will viaje. 

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm with Wayne, very few I love, so I'm not crazy about them now.  Also remember that gurkha is not one factory I believe they contract with several different manufactures.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,400 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe the Viajes will rub off and Gurkhas will become good.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mind not made up
    peter4jc said:
    Maybe the Viajes will rub off and Gurkhas will become good.
    Now you are just getting crazy Peter.
  • robertgreen30robertgreen30 Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭✭
    Mind not made up
    I'm hoping they don't ruin viajes, I like a lot of their sticks
  • EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    hard to tell until I taste some 
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Echambers said:
    +1 to this. 

When did it change over?
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did not know this, but not a big Viaje fan.  I do love the original Leaded and they just re-released it.  May have to try one and compare
  • Darktower007Darktower007 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    No
    Man that sucks. I'm gonna go grab my blanket and cry this one out.. RIP viaje... :'(
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    jarubla said:
    Echambers said:
    +1 to this. 

When did it change over?
    Do believe this year...I thought it was just the tnt's but was told it was everything. I think it was when they did the collaboration with pdr 
    Money can't buy taste