Home Ratings & Reviews

Cigars for partying

HrycajHrycaj Posts: 62 ✭✭
edited June 2016 in Ratings & Reviews
im sure it's been asked for a dozen different scenarios but I couldn't think of good search terms. 

Essentially- what's the go to bulk cigar I should be keeping on hand to pass out when we are partying? 

It breaks my wee little heart to see good smokes go under smoked or under appreciated cuz we are doing other things or are too drunk or the recipient of my hand out isn't a smoker. 

Perfect world would be the cigar that is flavorful enough for me to appreciate as I smoke along with (and I guess to use as yard gar maybe)

Comments

• 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What ever is on sale.
    Not trying to be smart or anything, but to give you an example.
    Recently, I purchases AKA Hybrids for $3.75 each.
    And then there are the bundles.
    Torano Colosseum $44 bundle of 20.
    Leccia White for $24.50 for 10.

So the deals are out there for good cigars, you just have to be looking for them.
    You don't have to sacrifice quality.

Or, buy Villagers for your friends who aren't normal cigar smokers and get yourself the good ones.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,643 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arturo Fuente short story, or the Cuban Corona. Both short yet flavorful cigars that are affordable.
    Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As Tony suggested get th stuff on sale. Check out what's on clearance here on Ccom or anywhere you buy from, chances are you can find some pretty sweet deals that would fit the bill perfectly. Guitarded's suggestions too are great though I would be pissed to see a buddy waste a Short Story lol

Brett
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You might try the CCOM Purple Label House Blend.  Flavorful enough for you, inexpensive, mild enough for newbies.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • HrycajHrycaj Posts: 62 ✭✭
    Thanks all. If I go the infused/flavored route, any to avoid?
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lewinski.

Also anything that says acid. It's like sucking incense.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Illusione Rothschilds. If you get a 50 cab you can get these under 4 a stick easily. It's a great little smoke and you will have plenty left over to enjoy for many weeks or months or your next party. They are inexpensive, a nice quick smoke and if your partying you won't get pissed when someone tosses it. If they are smokers they will enjoy it as well. The initial investment maybe a large price for some but call wise you will thank yourself and your friends will say the same.

They are available under 200. PM me if interested. 

My 2 cents. 
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hrycaj said:

I'm hoping this does not come off as too rude but, all of them, avoid all of them.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hrycaj said:

I'm hoping this does not come off as too rude but, all of them, avoid all of them.
    I wouldn't take it as rude and I am with you. I am not a fan of flavored cigars at all. I like tasty tobacco, not some over infused/sweetened gar. But many like them and there is nothing wrong with that either. 
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• CrisiusCrisius Posts: 414 ✭✭✭
    Hrycaj said:

I have to disagree here. I'm a big fan of the Drew Estate stuff and have handed out a few of the Java's to friends and all of them liked them as well. Just gave my cousin the Drew Estate Undercrown I got from @twistedstem and now he's looking at buying a truckload of them. xD It's one of the few cigars I've seen him not be able to put down at all.

Personally though, I keep 5 Vegas Gold on hand for people who want to smoke with me that either don't smoke cigars often or at all. They are light, tasty (imho) and cheap. I got my last 20 of them for 34 bucks from a "naughty" site that I'm told I can't buy from for a couple more months now. xD

I tend to find Connecticut cigars go over the best. Since in generally they aren't over-whelming.

My recommendation though is try anything on the list. See if YOU like it first. The worst thing you can do in my opinion is hand someone a cigar that even you won't smoke at a party.
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blood Red Moon, short smokes, wont break the bank, lots of flavor, wont break your heart if they set them down
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    I agree no flavoreds but I always suggest the af Hemingway short story! Good smoke not too expensive and short. 
    Money can't buy taste
  • AlbinfkAlbinfk Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Try my first love Baccarat. Smooth, easy draw, burn great, lots of smoke. Also has a sweetened tip that goes away after a few minutes to mellow out the initial harsh burn. Less than $4 a pop. Made by Davidoff.