Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Kayaking in Indiana

genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭✭✭
Who would have thought we would see this.

Comments

• Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,653 ✭✭✭✭✭
    nice
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've got a kevlar Current Designs Gulfstream. Me and my other have paddled the tidal rivers in SC but we mostly go on Lake James in western NCimageimage
  • Options
    Big''nBall''nBig''nBall''n Posts: 767 ✭✭✭✭
    looks relaxing! 
    The Names Ball'n.... Big'nBall'n! 
  • Options
    genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We started yesterday morning at 7 and there was nobody else out. There was ten of us. Very relaxing with great friends.
  • Options
    Kayaking is one of the best ways to view wildlife. I've seen eagles, ospreys diving on fish, herons, turtles,kingfishers,and once we had a flight path of monarch butterflies passing over our heads in twos and threes. We sat back in our cockpits and counted 146 butterflies in a half hour. I paddled next to a deer( not to close) that was swimming to a island on Lake James and once saw a alligator almost as long as my kayak on the Estado River . I always carry a little stove, coffee pot, and cups as it is sure nice to pull up on a beach and brew a cup that helps with the final paddle to the take out.  
  • Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love fishing out of a kayak.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    Me and Lucy have five kayaks. One is a Hobie Quest sit on top rigged with rod holders and anchors. I fly fish out of it. There is a little mountain lake in Banner Elk NC not to far away that has bluegill, smallmouth, and stocked trout. I like to sit crosswise  with my feet in the water, puff a stogie,and catch bluegills on my three weight.
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who would have thought we would see this.

Had a bald eagle dive into the lake right in front of my kayak in Livermore, CA... one of the reasons I like kayaks, you don't scare away all them critters.
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )