Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Man, it's good to be home...

jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
HALLELUJAH, it's great to be home. I just had to spend three days in Sacramento, CA so I could undergo some eye surgery at UC DAVIS MEDICAL CENTER EYE CLINIC. 

UC DAVIS is one of the premier healthcare facilities in the country. I was fortunate enough to be accepted as a patient by Dr. Brandt who is probably their leading eye doctor. 

The surgery went well, the post-op exam the following day went well, Dr. Brandt was pleased with the outcome, and I'm overjoyed. For two reasons. 

First, of course, the successful surgery. But, secondly, I could finally get back to some AMAZING COFFEE. You can't believe how 'blah' and dismal restaurant coffee or coffee from any other source can be until you've become used to drinking premium, freshly ground coffee. There's just no describing it. The same coffee that I grew up with - at home or in restaurants - now tastes like diesel fuel or insect repellent compared to premium coffee. 

And a lot if the credit goes to my friend, Peter. @peter4jc. He worked with me to help me regain my taste buds when they wouldn't recognize coffee. I could taste food after my chemo but not coffee. Peter made it possible, little by little, to taste and enjoy coffee again. Unfortunately, I'm now hooked on the good stuff. LOL. Many thanks, Peter. 

Have a great day, guys. Life is beautiful.....   B)

Comments

• Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good to hear.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    johnnyBjohnnyB Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's great  news brother,glad to hear all went well 
    Non Crux sed lux
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm glad to have helped with the coffee Mah-tee, but I'm ecstatic to hear your surgery went well. 

You're a role model to me as I'm turning the corner in my season of life; I figure for me, this time is either the old-age of youth, or the youth of old-age, but watching you and your continued vigor and zest for life I've got a lot to live up to.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Glad to "see" things went well for you sir. If you haven't got your health, then you haven't got anything.
  • Options
    GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank You for sharing good news Marty. Happy to hear you are home and all went well at the Dr. 
    @peter4jc is a good guy no matter what anybody says.
    Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • Options
    Guitarded said:

.....@peter4jc is a good guy no matter what anybody says.
    Hee hee. I'll drink to that....  Coffee, that is...   :D
  • Options
    And thanks to the rest of you BORKs for the good wishes. They're much appreciated....  B)
  • Options
    miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    80's the new 40 so your good to go. Glad here everything went AOK. Lite old smokie now, then kick back and relax. 
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just don't kick too hard and break a hip. :cookie:
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    Ha haaa!  Just lit up a big ol' Undercrown. Found a cool (albeit extremely noisy) place to finally have a stogie.  B)
  • Options
    AlbinfkAlbinfk Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad things went well for you and Peter provided the antidote.
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,716 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Excellent news, Marty!
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,196 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every time I go to the doctor he finds something wrong; what a pessimist. 
  • Options
    Every time I go to the doctor he finds something wrong; what a pessimist. 
    Ha Haa!  Jeeze, maybe you should have a little talk with him about that....   :p
  • Options
    genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad everything went well Marty
  • Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,653 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great news Marty
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad your back home Marty! Get some much needed rest. 
  • Options
    Rhamlin said:
    Glad your back home Marty! Get some much needed rest. 
    Thanks, Ricky. I'm doing just that. Hope your day tomorrow is a great one - maybe with some BBQ, some cold beverages, and a great cigar. 

My regards to you and Carla. I hope she's doing well....  
  • Options
    jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marty, I am glad the surgery went well!!
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch