Home General Discussion

Cigar Smoking Session Advice

YaksterYakster Posts: 27,119 ✭✭✭✭✭
Since IPCPR is right around the corner, I figured it would be an ideal time to ask this question.  How do you handle marathon cigar smoke sessions?  Looking for advice for refreshing the palate, handling all the Vitamin N and anything else you can think of.

I'm not going to IPCPR, but hoping to bank this advice for the future.

Just as an example, when drinking a lot of coffee there is an idea that eating bananas will help battle all the caffeine.  This is probably an old roaster's tale, but it's out there.  Another trick is to have some beer after drinking a lot of coffee to settle down.  I think I've heard that sugary foods are good for relief from Vitamin N's symptoms.  One tip that's true of both coffee and cigars is it's best not to consume a lot of either on an empty stomach.
Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )

Comments

• tabakotabako Posts: 365 ✭✭✭✭
    One tip that's true of both coffee and cigars is it's best not to consume a lot of either on an empty stomach.
    I agree with you, @Yakster on that! Been excited about a few smokes and went through 3-4 in a short time and found myself really not enjoying them as much, even getting an acid stomach. Don't know if there is a trick, but would welcome knowing one if it exists
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 11,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drink an ipa 
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Build a tolerance.  For a more serious answer, sugar drinks amd foods do help, in my opinion avoid lots of caffeine.  In my opinion the caffeine rush can have a two plus two equals six effect when tje nic kicks in.  Also slow down your smoking pace.  Its not a sprint, take your time.  Again this is just my opinion.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Carbs baby! Carbs! And, bananas have them. 
  • Darktower007Darktower007 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm somewhat immune... (Probably not a good thing) but on our annual man trip I smoke 7-10 a day. Little break between sticks. Normal day I have 1-3. If smoking quality after quality cigars try to clean your pallet between each so you can at least taste them lol