Home General Discussion
Options

Padron Cigars

I have a few questions:
1. Are the 1964 Anniversary cigars actually good?
2. Are they only meant to be smoked for special occasions?
3. What is the best drink to be paired with this cigar?

Comments

• Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, no, what ever you prefer to drink while smoking.  You are on a roll, troll of the week poster?
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. yes
    2. no
    3. water? I don't worry about the pairing thing.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,300 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forum, dsndig33.  You should check out the Newbie Welcoming Thread and introduce yourself and the Kuzi Etiquette thread may help you out too.

http://forum.cigar.com/discussion/3027/the-newbie-welcoming-thread

http://forum.cigar.com/discussion/562842/almost-all-inclusive-guide-to-cigar-etiquette-kuzi-style/p1
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    Ryan1990Ryan1990 Posts: 526 ✭✭✭✭
    dsndig33 said:
    I have a few questions:
    Best cigar I've ever had, hands down. Unfortunately, I'm not much of a pairing guy so I can't help there. As for the "special occasion only" dilemma, I suppose that depends on your personal cigar budget.  ;)
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a great cigar and very very enjoyable. As for the other two questions that's purely personal preference there, 100 different answers for 100 different folks asked, personally any cigar and any moment can be special enough for anything and I like to pair with beer or bourbon or scotch, or any number of alcoholic drinks lol. 

Brett
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    As a huge fan of padron I feel all that has been said is correct! I've been known to smoke the exclusivos every week but budget and what you smoke play a lot into it! I only smoke 4 cigars a week so smoking the padron anny's is affordable. But if you smoke say 10 a week it can get rather expensive so it's your call. Life is too short to smoke cigars you don't like!
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love Padron's but I only buy them when I can get them at a premium discount which is rare. But there are places that allow 20% off at times. Most premium sticks are excluded for discount by many shops though. I always call and see if they will give me a discount and some places will even when it is not advertised. Not all the time but even a blind squirrel finds a nut. 

I smoke them when I am in the mood. If I wait for a special occasion I usually skip them or something comes up that won't allow me to go low and slow. The construction on them is flawless. I just wish they had more non box-pressed to see how they are. But they have the box-pressed down to a T. IMO.

Any good bourbon for me. Bookers fit's well when I can afford it.  
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• Options
    onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    dsndig33 said:
    I have a few questions:

1. They are better than 'actually good' they are fanfrickingtastic! Easily a top 5 smoke for me.

2. Any occasion can be a special occasion!

3. I don't drink alcohol so it's  water or coffee, Costa Rican Las Lajas is a great pairing.

• Options
    dsndig33, you should check out The Newbie Welcoming Thread and introduce yourself, and maybe check out Kuzi's Cigar Etiquette thread too to help you fit in here.

Welcome to the forum.
  • Options
    @dsndig33, welcome to the forum.  You should check out the Newbie Welcoming Thread and introduce yourself and the Kuzi Etiquette thread may help you out too.

http://forum.cigar.com/discussion/3027/the-newbie-welcoming-thread

http://forum.cigar.com/discussion/562842/almost-all-inclusive-guide-to-cigar-etiquette-kuzi-style/p1
  • Options
    @dsndig33, welcome to the forum.  You should check out the Newbie Welcoming Thread and introduce yourself and the Kuzi Etiquette thread may help you out too.

• Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, no, scotch
  • Options
    LoneSmokerLoneSmoker Posts: 286 ✭✭✭
    Yes, No, The Padron 1964 Imperial Natural is off the chain with a cup of coffee. It's smooth and nutty with notes of creamy mocha and sweet tobacco. Amazing cigar!
    LoneSmoker

With just a single cigar, we can escape from the cares of the world. - Richard Carleton Hacker