Home General Discussion

What will/are you stocking up on?

christian1971christian1971 Posts: 467 ✭✭✭

God forbid, but lets say as of January 2017, cigars will no longer be available online, prices jump significantly, and most cigars may not be available for up to 3 years. What non-Cuban brands will you stock up on? Im still not sure what to squirrel away. New World, Macanudo Insp. Black, Las Calaveras.....?

Comments

• WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would go on a crime spree across the US to find every Ezra Zion in existence.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stocking up on good will from the wife here lol. 

Brett
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prolly pipes for me. I hear that they're also being caught up in the massive sweeping FDA overreach.
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jarubla said:
    Prolly pipes for me. I hear that they're also being caught up in the massive sweeping FDA overreach.
    I need to try getting back into those, been quite some time and I miss having a shorter smoke option than a cigar at times plus it was relaxing and I loved the ritual of it. 

Brett
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not overly worried about it.
    Most the stuff I tend to buy in bulk are older lines anyways.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually, I truly am stocking up for the tobaccolypse... mostly tobacco leaves for rolling cigars... cause i can afford more leaves than cigars, cause unprocessed baccy is less regulated, and cause the leaves come in sealed bags that last about forever. I keep a spreadsheet showing all the baccy varieties I have stashed and what to buy next, and every month I go for it. I have three coolidors and a big storage tub. Two more shipments arrive tomorrow. Rolled up twenty Uppowoc Mataloto Perfectos this weeiend and didn't make the slightest dent in my stash.

That in addition to a monthly box, when I can find a deal. Just last week I scored that Unclr Lee deal, for instance. They taste fairly similar to my UMPs. Box of Indian Motorcycle habanos last month. Prolly get another of them, cause I love them. Would love to find a deal on Big Paybacks.

The tobaccolypse... I'm a prepper.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)