Home General Discussion

OPUS X COLLECTION

BigDaddyBigDaddy Posts: 124 ✭✭✭
ok all you Opus X guys. Get ready to lick your chops on this guys collection. 

https://youtu.be/ZMBzWT1HslY

Danny B
Tagged:

Comments

• CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,424 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice collection @danielzreyes. I look forward to visiting after the pool is done.
  • Ryan1990Ryan1990 Posts: 526 ✭✭✭✭
    I've had this video suggested by Youtube several times and I can't bring myself to watch it because I'm afraid it'll make me go on a spending spree
  • miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Opus A coffins alone will set you back a pretty penny. Non coffin A's run around 40 and I have seen A coffins selling for upward of 100. I have no idea what a Stallone coffin would be worth but many chase the HTF's. I guess to look at them. I prefer to smoke them. Of course a 249 dollar of Pappy goes for 2300 and up on the secondary market. Be glad when the bourbon craze has run it's course. While I love smoking Opus X's unless I can pay near MSRP I will buy something else and those prices are getting harder and harder to find since it seems many sell to the secondary market. Supply and demand always takes top billing.
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had three or four Opus X A coffins but ended up gifting them all away over the years and never smoked one, just never had time for that much stick lol. I have just one Opus coffin left and waiting to find a reason to light it. 

Brett
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, just wow!

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• BigDaddyBigDaddy Posts: 124 ✭✭✭
    The Opus A coffins alone will set you back a pretty penny. Non coffin A's run around 40 and I have seen A coffins selling for upward of 100. I have no idea what a Stallone coffin would be worth but many chase the HTF's. I guess to look at them. I prefer to smoke them. Of course a 249 dollar of Pappy goes for 2300 and up on the secondary market. Be glad when the bourbon craze has run it's course. While I love smoking Opus X's unless I can pay near MSRP I will buy something else and those prices are getting harder and harder to find since it seems many sell to the secondary market. Supply and demand always takes top billing.
    @miller65rod what do you think this collection is worth? Ball park
    Danny B
    I have no clue. I had seen the video before and never try to calculate it,  but I would assume whatever someone is willing to pay for it. Opus prices fluctuate so much it seems. Behike's are going there as well, why? I have no idea it is not that great of a cigar for the price IMO. Limited and rare is always an eye grabber for many. Behike's are becoming scarce. Most places are out of them. The Opus A is a 3 - 4 hour smoke also, so if you do buy one and lite you better be sure you can finish it. It's a beast.

I will say this though when you are buying cigars from sites with personal auctions buyer beware. If you think people don't re-band cigars you will be mistaken. Make sure you know the source. 
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

edited July 2016
    Also consider the source in terms of how the cigars were cared for. Just because at the time of sale says that humidor is 65/70 rH/temp doesn't mean it was that way always.... Interview the seller more than anything or anyone else imho. 

Brett
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
    ^ Yeap. I would much rather pay a little more knowing it was stored well than paying a little less only to find out later they weren't. I worry more about cracking and improper handling which is my main concern most of the time.
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭

I will say this though when you are buying cigars from sites with personal auctions buyer beware. If you think people don't re-band cigars you will be mistaken. Make sure you know the source. 
    Even known reputable sellers can be fooled by rebanding.
    I once had someone try and sell me re-banded Partagas 160s that they had purchased. 
    They ended up having to chase down the previous seller and get their money back.
    The cigars weren't even cameroon wrappers.

So if people try it with 160s, imagine how often it happens with Opus.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
    Yeah personally just my opinion is that if I wanted to buy an opus collection like that I would just buy the Opus X Charity Bix for $900 and call it good. There are a handful in each one I've always wanted to try. Any of the black banded Forbidden X's and the number ones forget what they call them but have a secondary band with a roman numeral clock position on it. Best way to do that is buy one of those plus if you buy from a place like Ccom you know it's good storage and quality. 

Brett
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 27,119 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had no idea that there that many different types Opus X cigars made.  
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
    Yakster said:
    Go to Casa Fuente in Vegas and you will see stuff you rarely see, however it comes at a very large premium. People buy stuff there like it was candy. It's Vegas though. Been years since I was there but I will see it again in Sept. and I will see if they hiked stuff. 

Of course Casa Fuente never gouges. Sigh.  B)
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

Yakster said:
    Go to Casa Fuente in Vegas and you will see stuff you rarely see, however it comes at a very large premium. People buy stuff there like it was candy. It's Vegas though. Been years since I was there but I will see it again in Sept. and I will see if they hiked stuff. 

Of course Casa Fuente never gouges. Sigh.  B)
    This is spot on, was there in January and a Maduro Opus was in the $75+ price range I believe. 

Brett
  • NolagizmoNolagizmo Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't care who ya are... that's a purdy bunch of seegars 
    I'd smoke em, I wouldn't save em. But that's what I do with expensive booze. To me these works of art are designed to be smoked. The sealed boxes hurt my feelings, I'd have to at least try it, and if they are over rated bomb the rest and see if others agree. Don't get me wrong. That is a beautiful collection. I'd never get that many though... a man's gotta smoke!
    "Come party with me in Tennessee for my birthday July we can smoke in the Smokey's."
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,986 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow! Not worth it in my book but that's just because I'm a cheap a$$. But I got to admit I'm impressed. 
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    I had three or four Opus X A coffins but ended up gifting them all away over the years and never smoked one, just never had time for that much stick lol. I have just one Opus coffin left and waiting to find a reason to light it. 

Brett
    You need to smoke an Opus X A. It's pretty awesome. 
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    The Fuentes come to town every year in September...all the opus,anejos and casa Fuentes you want! But I'm pretty sure right now I can get the A's for $31+tax but haven't been to that shop for a while
    Money can't buy taste
    Will have to try one sometime, plenty of time to track one down in the future but with that seal of approval Dennis will have to do that for sure! Thanks brother @dennisking :)

Brett