Home General Discussion

New World AJF- maduro

christian1971christian1971 Posts: 467 ✭✭✭

Will this cigar lose anything in flavor after a couple years or "improve"? Its already great, but want to put a few boxes away.

Comments

• Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    You've been on this forum for five years! This means you've been smoking cigars for at least that amount of time! It's trial and error
    Money can't buy taste
  • onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭

Pretty much agree with Lee, trial and error,

That being said IMO most of AJ's stuff ages well, I also believe that all cigars that are aged 'lose something' isn't that the point? whether or not it becomes better is a matter of personal taste.   

• 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just had one with a year and a half on it yesterday and it was perfect. I do t see a long nap improving these much but I don't see it hurting them either. Strong enough that they would hold up to age but I just don't see much of a reason to lay em down for anything past 2 years. Similar to Padron in that regard, aging these isn't going to change em much and they are already outstanding ;)

Brett
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭

Pretty much agree with Lee, trial and error,

That being said IMO most of AJ's stuff ages well, I also believe that all cigars that are aged 'lose something' isn't that the point? whether or not it becomes better is a matter of personal taste.   

Yup aj,pepin,lfd and old Camacho tend to do best when aged! I will say some don't age very well over a good length but for the most part aging any of the above is a good move
    Money can't buy taste
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree with Lee @Lee.mcglynn, I should clarify that "age" to me and what I was referring to above is past 2-3 years. With that blend I can't imagine them getting much better than when I had mine yesterday as it was terrific, that's what I was trying to say at least lol. 

Brett
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."