Home General Discussion
Options

Daily Deal

Comments

• Options
    ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to torture myself some more......How much were they?
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I remember it was a 5 Pack for like $45 I think? Someone jump in if I’m mistaken please. 
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    10 for $37.50
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options
    ^^ Salt meet wound.........
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stubble said:
    10 for $37.50
    Lol and that’s why I asked for someone to correct me. I clearly wasn’t paying attention. Thanks Steve. 
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anybody’s Umbagogs they just bought yesterday not ship and are on backorder? Mine are backordered which makes absolutely no logical sense to me. Order confirmation email below, says in stock, very strange. Time to email Andy to see what’s up.

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like a overrun, maybe they accidentally sold more than they had on hand.
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    Composing an email to Andy now, sending a different vitola is fine with me if he's cool with that. 
    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe I'm blind, but I don't see the word back ordered on that screen shot anywhere.
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,741 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And why is there $12.99 shipping?
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    peter4jc said:
    And why is there $12.99 shipping?
    SHIPPING PREFERENCEDELIVERY TIMEPRICE
    1 Orders are shipped via UPS and/or USPS.
    2 USPS Priority Shipping is not a guaranteed service and can take up to five business days for delivery.
    Saver Shipping12-4 Business Days$8.99
    UPS Ground Shipping1-5 Business Days$11.99
    3 Day Shipping1-3 Business Days$12.99
    USPS Priority Shipping21-3 Business Days$12.99
    2 Day Shipping2 Day Delivery$16.99
    HI/AK 2nd Day Shipping2 Day Delivery$22.99
    Overnight ShippingNext Day Delivery$26.99
    HI/AK Overnight ShippingNext Day Delivery$39.99
    Saturday ShippingUPS Saturday$44.99
    HI/AK Saturday ShippingSaturday Delivery$49.99
  • Options

• Options
    Mine are backordered on my account. That is email confirmation of them being in stock when I purchased them. The $12.99 is for USPS Priority. I don’t like waiting or roasting 9 days on my cigars in the mail. I emailed Andy. Have no doubt he’ll take care of it.
  • Options
    peter4jc said:

It’s free just takes 9 days to get them to me.
  • Options
    NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just checked my order they shipped this morning. Probably a stock count error.

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

• Options
    Andys email is andyd@cigar.com correct? Emailed him 6 hours ago, never heard back yet, must be busy, well I did say no rush on the email, making sure I emailed the right address.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    That's the email address I always use, @TX98Z28.
  • Options
    @Yakster, Thanks man
  • Options
    Andrew_DzikoskiAndrew_Dzikoski Posts: 381 ✭✭✭
    @peter4jc he selected the USPS shipping which is $12.99 unless that was by accident. @TX98Z28 I just responded back to your email. We had a rep from Toscano cigars here yesterday to talk about their product so it set me back a bit on my normal timeline. 
  • Options

Yeah, @TX98Z28 explained how and why the $12.99 shipping happened.  It raises other questions though, that maybe you can help with, Andy.

Is there an actual difference in the way an order is processed and shipped when one opts for 'free shipping' vs. USPS Priority?  If we select 'free shipping' does an order sit around while others get preferential treatment?  If we select 'free shipping' does it go in a way that has a slower transit time than Priority?

Is the 9-day trip to TX typical, is it all transit time or do those orders sit around the warehouse?

My DD orders typicallly get here two days after ordering, so I'm curious.
  • Options
    I'd say about a week to California is typical with free shipping on the Daily Deal, at least in my experience.

I try to avoid being tempted to smoke these cigars ROTT, preferring to let them rest for several weeks before I try them.
  • Options
    Just spoke with Andy he took care of everything not long ago. I'm still on the hunt for Warped 5712's if anyone has some to spare that bought 3-4 bundles of 25 please PM me. I'm only looking for 10.
  • Options
    Andrew_DzikoskiAndrew_Dzikoski Posts: 381 ✭✭✭
    @peter4jc Technically yes they are processed slightly differently but not so in the way that things get left behind. 1 day and 2 day shipping orders do take priority to get out the door but even with the free shipping we still try to do all we can to make our 3pm shipping cut off. Also 9 days is over the normal timelines for shipping. TX for some reason seem to be at the end of the earth for us but at longest it should be 7 days including a weekend so about 4-5 business days.

• Options
    I took a look at my recent Daily Deal orders and they were all marked shipped on CCOM either the day of the order or the day after, but the average delivery time from order for me in California was about 8.3 days (including weekends).
  • Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 11,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    12.99 is a bit extreme for shipping. Especially when some competitors are free priority shipping 
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    Usaf06 said:
    12.99 is a bit extreme for shipping. Especially when some competitors are free priority shipping 
    Yeah, but if you spend $149 or more the shipping's free!  <eyeroll>
  • Options
    For the next few days, an email I received yesterday says, you can get free shipping on orders over $49 with the promo code FREE49.

• Options
    timbtimb Posts: 353 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Hey fellas, gonna be doing some dcd planning the next couple of days.  Now’s a great time to make requests.

FWIW - frequency’s not a determining factor this time around.  Whether there’s three separate posts requesting Ron Mexico bundles, or just one, the chance it gets on the dcd remains the same.  So take note what other’s post and try to avoid repeats.  Doing this will result in more deals decided by YOU and, in theory, make me seem like a super nice guy.  (I’m not, but you’ll be none-the-wiser.)
    Post edited by timb on
  • Options
    CalvinAndHoboCalvinAndHobo Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll go with a few I've been trying to find on sale, but can't seem to, yet most places have them in stock. @timb

La Aroma De Cuba Mi Amor
    Drew Estate Norteno

any size is fine except the 60 ring gauge stuff.