Home General Discussion

When a new order comes in

0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2016 in General Discussion
And your spouse wants to know how much it cost, do you?
In Fumo Pax
Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
Atmospheric pressure and crap.

When a new order comes in 22 votes

Lie
4% 1 vote
Don't care. See #1
31% 7 votes
Tell the truth and beg forgiveness
31% 7 votes
stretch the truth
22% 5 votes
buy her something to offset it.
9% 2 votes

Comments

• dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    it all evens out. to a point
    A little dirt never hurt
  • genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am pretty lucky. She just rolls the eyes and doesn't ask. 
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0patience said:
    Your poll is missing this option: She does not ask.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭✭
    webmost said:
    0patience said:
    Your poll is missing this option: She does not ask.
    Also, the poll assumes the wife exists; doesn't account for those lucky lonely bastids with no wife.  You remember Peter Pumpkin Eater, right?
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great timing on this after looking at todays daily deals.
  • miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never lie about it, 20 years later it will be brought up again. Your all screwed lol.
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I need to hide the 4 boxes I ordered yesterday.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • CigarPunkCigarPunk Posts: 826 ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I need to hide the 4 boxes I ordered yesterday.
    I know a spot. Lol
  • Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    I always discuss purchases prior to making. Sorry, can't help you.
  • RolanddeschainRolanddeschain Posts: 898 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's easier to get forgiveness then it is to get permission......although she likes when I get deals on Ccom:)

Long days and pleasant nights,

Roland
  • BigDaddyBigDaddy Posts: 124 ✭✭✭
    Just tell the truth.  Besides.... the UPS & FedX guy knows my wife by name.  Comes here all the time(not so much here lately though).  So, when my little package shows up she just opens it up and puts it on my Humidor.  Never says a word.  But, maybe in the next few days she might.. expecting a package soon.  lol
    Danny B
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    If I tell her, "it's a great deal" and it really is, we talk about it beforehand and I have lots of success. This is a limited use, and sometimes I get screwed when I see a better deal the next day.

Sometimes I buy stuff if I pass a B&M and know we've got the $. But online, we talk about it.  She's usually stoked if I manage to get free shipping, and might ask for some of her flavored cigars, then, too.  She doesn't smoke often, but we keep a few on hand for her to join me sometimes.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What flavors does she enjoy?
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I give my wife alot of crap about money, because I make 3 times the amount she does, but if it weren't for her diligence at keeping me in line, I wouldn't have any spending money.
    More often than not, when we go to the B&M, she grabs cigars that she wants me to smoke. 
    And most often, there is a moontrance in there, which I don't mind smoking, because she loves the smell of it.

Most the time, I talk to her about what I want to buy and how much it is. Usually, she just gets me a prepaid Visa and tells me to figure out what I want, cause that is it.
    It works great. I get a budget I can spend any way I want and not get in trouble, cause I can't go over the limit with prepaid cards.

Sometimes, she gets emails and knows about deals before I do. Like the AKA closeout. She tells me, "That's a great deal, you should probably get a box."
    OK!  
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • tabakotabako Posts: 365 ✭✭✭
    I try to keep things in the budget. Of course, all my cigars cost about $2-$3. It's only the ones I am given that cost more!  o:)
  • 2deep4air2deep4air Posts: 11
    ...and of course your wife pretends to believe that, right?  :D
  • AlbinfkAlbinfk Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would not have any cigars if this was the case.
  • miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    You could get some good ransom payments out of this thread lol.
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is me, there is total transparency in my house between Amanda and I. No secrets and no lies, works for us and we celebrate 5 years in Septmeber. I make the money and she spends it, isn't that how it is supposed to work :p

Brett
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Wylaff said:
    The wife?  Her favorite and typically the only one we keep on hand is the CAO Moontrance.  She'll smoke others, but tends to enjoy nothing larger than a corona and that only occasionally.  We tend to buy tins of cigarillos or petite coronas for her.  Anything larger isn't likely to get finished.  She doesn't care for cherry, and a lot of the honey ones are too sweet, she says.  Some vanilla ones are okay.  She's enjoyed several from Tatiana, but most of those have had some construction issues which turned her off.  
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Martel said:
    Wylaff said:
    The wife?  Her favorite and typically the only one we keep on hand is the CAO Moontrance.  She'll smoke others, but tends to enjoy nothing larger than a corona and that only occasionally.  We tend to buy tins of cigarillos or petite coronas for her.  Anything larger isn't likely to get finished.  She doesn't care for cherry, and a lot of the honey ones are too sweet, she says.  Some vanilla ones are okay.  She's enjoyed several from Tatiana, but most of those have had some construction issues which turned her off.  
    My wife smoked Moontrance for awhile. One day she was half way through and said "This is bad tobacco, give me something better." She grabbed a Mx2 and never looked back.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...