Home General Discussion

Half a Churchill....

jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
If you're short of time and you have a Churchill you want to smoke but you don't want to waste half of it by throwing it away half-smoked here's something I just tried. Someone else may have done it prior to this but I'm unaware of it. 

For my experiment I chose a Torano Dominico Churchill. Not an expensive stick but not a bad smoke, either. I wrapped a piece of scotch tape around the cigar at about the halfway point, leaving a small amount folded over at the end so I could find and grasp it later. 

Then I slid it into my guillotine cutter, centered the cutter in the mid-point of the tape and cut the cigar in half. The tape will keep the cut end of the lower (foot) end of the cigar from unwrapping. I then placed the taped end in my mouth to smoke it. The tape doesn't interfere at all with the smoking. 

The tape can be removed from the upper (head) end of the cigar because the wrapper holds itself in place due to the way it's wrapped. This half can be smoked at another time. 

Tune in again, sometime, for more tightwad tricks by the oldfart....   :#
imageimage

Comments

• WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    But how will you know when to expect flavor changes? Is it still a third, or do we look at a ninth now?  :trollface:

All in all, cool idea. I'm glad it worked for you.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wylaff said:
    But how will you know when to expect flavor changes? Is it still a third, or do we look at a ninth now?  :trollface:

All in all, cool idea. I'm glad it worked for you.
    Well, no, half of a third is a sixth - but I take your point. Probably for most of you it will open up a new level of discovering the flavors. For me and my wonky taste buds I don't discern many things like changes in the flavor profile - I wish I did....  
  • AlbinfkAlbinfk Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A new vitola is born.
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    jlmarta said:

Well, no, half of a third is a sixth

*face with tears emoji* (x3)
    *fire emoji* (x2)

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

Albinfk said:
    A new vitola is born.
    Naw, Nubs have been around for a while. And they're basically just half a cigar. I never could buy into the notion of paying full price for half a cigar, though. 

Kuzi tried to explain to me his notion of Nubs and their "sweet spot" theory but I just don't agree...  B)
  • tabakotabako Posts: 365 ✭✭✭
    What would you call half of a Churchill, maybe a Napoleon? Or a Churc?
    I like Napoleon but there may already be a vitola by that name. If you go by measurement, a Churchill being 7" long, half would be 3 1/2 inches. Nubs run in the 3 1/2 to 3.6" up to 4" if I recall. 

Sooooo,,,  pick the one you like, I guess...
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nubpoleon.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    little p e c k e r?
    Well, you wouldn't want to call it morning wood.
    Probably be a deterrent though.  :D

Ok, that was wrong of me, I know.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
    Mr. Murray, you're a baaaaad man....  :p