Home General Discussion

Things im learning

10toes5410toes54 Posts: 85 ✭✭
There are a few new things I'm learning (probably not to you though) Sometimes a cigar(s) taste better when when stuck in the humi and left there for a month or so. A cigar ISN'T smoked like a cigarette, learn to taste the subtle changes in the cigar you're smoking (this one I'm still learning) , when smoking maduros you can sometimes pair it with a coke or dr. pepper OR any cigar for that matter. Smoking a cigar should be a relaxing experience that should be enjoyed and not rushed for ex. at the end of your day or a Sat. morning ( I do this) I have graduated from Connecticut wrapped sticks to med sticks now! I know I know seems silly to some BUT my palate is maturing. Well guys and women of the leaf just wanted to write about my understandings 

Comments

• 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad you are having such a fun time with it and enjoying the journey as you grow into this passion and obsession more and more, take your time and don't rush it this is a process of enjoyment and rushing it ruins it :)

Brett
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    10toes54 said:
     I have graduated from Connecticut wrapped sticks to med sticks now! 
    I've been taking remedial classes in connecticut cigars! LOL
  • tabakotabako Posts: 365 ✭✭✭
    "Peace be da journey!" it's only a good cigar when you enjoy smoking it. I've had bad experiences with good cigars because I rushed to "get it smoked" 
  • 10toes5410toes54 Posts: 85 ✭✭
    90+_Irishman very true learning to treat it like a fine wine or a 50 year old scotch lol 
  • CigarPunkCigarPunk Posts: 826 ✭✭✭✭
    You will never stop learning if you keep coming back to this forum. I thought I knew a lot about cigars, after being on this forum for a couple days I realized what I know is a grain of sand compared to the amount of knowledge all the members of this forum share. Sit back read past topics and feel free to ask questions. Hope your journey into cigars is enjoyable.
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Along those lines @10toes54, I find that even a cigar I'm not crazy about, when smoked properly, yields up a pleasurable experience simply because I'm smoking a cigar... it's like I'm checking out for an hour... the world keeps spinning, but I get off with my cigar for the duration.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    peter4jc said:
    Along those lines @10toes54, I find that even a cigar I'm not crazy about, when smoked properly, yields up a pleasurable experience simply because I'm smoking a cigar... it's like I'm checking out for an hour... the world keeps spinning, but I get off with my cigar for the duration.
    It's either the cigar or all that wacky terbaccy ya smoke in between them seegars.....   :p
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jlmarta said:
    peter4jc said:
    It's either the cigar or all that wacky terbaccy ya smoke in between them seegars.....   :p
    How does he get it to stay in-between them...oh, wait... >:)

Seriously, it's fun to watch someone discover our little world of cigar joy, I was actually just thinking about the same thing @peter4jc said earlier today, I like every aspect of smoking a cigar.  If it burns well and tastes reasonably good, I'm happy smoking a $1.25 stick because when I'm smoking it, I'm taking time off from everything else.  Usually. I then appreciate the high end stuff even more, when I get to it.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • 10toes5410toes54 Posts: 85 ✭✭
    CigarPunk said:
    You will never stop learning if you keep coming back to this forum. I thought I knew a lot about cigars, after being on this forum for a couple days I realized what I know is a grain of sand compared to the amount of knowledge all the members of this forum share. Sit back read past topics and feel free to ask questions. Hope your journey into cigars is enjoyable.
    That's so very true learning never stops and will take your tip on reading other posts on my free time AND asking a question?? No problem and I don't know why I didn't smoke cigars sooner lol