Home General Discussion

What makes a cigar a gut bomb?

LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
Is there anything in specific that makes a cigar a gut bomb? What is it that makes the tummy go sour?
Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.

Comments

• PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lots of vitamin N.  Some cigars have more nicotine than others, for someone who is not accustomed to this will cause what you speak of.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Patrick is 100% on the ball here. To add one extra thought, typically (not always just typically) the longer or more cycles of fermentation a cigar goes through the lower the nicotine content though, when a cigar goes through fermentation nicotine is one of the things that does start to get lost. So as an example a true maduro goes through 3 distinct cycles of fermentation to be called a maduro classification, which means all things equal compared to a non maduro leaf it would have a lower nicotine content. Doesn't always hold true in the real world, but the science doesn't lie on that one.

Brett
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,736 ✭✭✭✭✭
    AJ
  • LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    That's kinda what I was under the initial impression of. I normally try to get a decent meal in me before I sit down for a smoke to try to counteract the nic effects. sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't lol
    Keep a chocolate bar or snickers bar around if you have any concern, the sugar helps immensely when you start to get green gilled ;)

Brett
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • skydiverDskydiverD Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't eat the ceegar!
    How do you like my profile pic Taborski?   @matkn293          
    skydiverD said:
    Don't eat the ceegar!

I cant imagine how terrible it would taste and feel to eat a cigar..... LOL
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sugary drinks help as well, such as a soda, in my opinion.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
    Keep a chocolate bar or snickers bar around if you have any concern, the sugar helps immensely when you start to get green gilled ;)

Brett

if I plan ahead, I usually have a nice dark chocolate bar. It varies from dark chocolate with fruity undertones to maybe something with peppers in it for a bit of oomph

Brett

if I plan ahead, I usually have a nice dark chocolate bar. It varies from dark chocolate with fruity undertones to maybe something with peppers in it for a bit of oomph

I am not a guy that likes to eat while I smoke, but if I were I could see how with the right cigar a good chocolate bar could really pair well with certain smokes. I am a big big fan of doing White Russians with the Jamie Garcia Especials, the flavors feed off each other and build to a wonderful balance. I imagine something similar could be true for certain cigars and chocolate.

Brett
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,321 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How often does this happen, Chris?
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
    peter4jc said:
    How often does this happen, Chris?

It isn't all that often. Maybe one stick outta 5 that gets me. but I don't smoke anything regularly so I usually grab a different stick each time I sit down with one. (with my memory... I can never remember what I had before lol)