Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Can you help a brother's son?

BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
Mr Rick's son is headed to Ca to compete in the Jr. Olympics... Can we help to send this athlete on his way to kick butt? I think so! We love Ricky so why not.

https://www.gofundme.com/2fy82mdv

Comments

• jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are we talking about RCY Cigars?  That Rick?  
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Thanks for the headsup @Bigshizza
    When is it?
    I can probably come up with a little soon, but after the first would be no problem.

Also, does it use paypal or can you direct charge credit card on gofundme?
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now that is awesome, may not be much but I can donate a little bit to support such a neat opportunity!

Brett
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
    Bigshizza said:
    Mr Rick's son is headed to Ca to compete in the Jr. Olympics... Can we help to send this athlete on his way to kick butt? I think so! We love Ricky so why not.

Yo, @Bigshizza, are we talking about RCY Cigars, Ricky Hamlin, or WHO?  Which Rick?  

Thanks....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    It's for RCY as best I can tell Marty.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jlmarta said:
    Bigshizza said:

Yo, @Bigshizza, are we talking about RCY Cigars, Ricky Hamlin, or WHO?  Which Rick?  

Thanks....
    Yep it's Ricky
    Bigshizza said:
    jlmarta said:
    Bigshizza said:

Thanks....
    Yep it's Ricky
    Jeez, you're so helpful this morning. Not!   >:). I can't believe you're being deliberately obtuse. Guess I'll find my answer a different way. 

Thanks....
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ricky's black!?  ;):D

In all seriousness does he have a paypal account so he doesn't lose money to fees on the gofundme? Inquiring minds want to know.

"Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
    Ah, okay. You're off the hook, Mr. @Bigshizza.  When I first looked at the GoFundMe page it didn't show up very well. It was as though it was backlit and all I could see was a silhouette of the person standing there. 

This time, when I looked, I could actually see Ryan. So, now comes another question - does anyone know how to obtain tickets for the Jr. Olympics in Sacramento??  It runs 7/25 - 7/31. I've gone to their website but can find no mention of tickets - ANYWHERE!

Help, please.....  B)
    Done, aint much but its what we could spare :)

Brett
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
    jlmarta said:
    Ah, okay. You're off the hook, Mr. @Bigshizza.  When I first looked at the GoFundMe page it didn't show up very well. It was as though it was backlit and all I could see was a silhouette of the person standing there. 

This time, when I looked, I could actually see Ryan. So, now comes another question - does anyone know how to obtain tickets for the Jr. Olympics in Sacramento??  It runs 7/25 - 7/31. I've gone to their website but can find no mention of tickets - ANYWHERE!

Help, please.....  B)
    That is so cool that you are thinking about that Marty, any chance there is a number on the site you could call and inquire about to them? That would be where I would start, otherwise potentially Rick @RCY_Cigars would know too?

Brett
  • avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How long do we have to donate?
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    I could only find prices Marty..

TICKET INFORMATION Forms of Payment: Cash, Visa and MasterCard. Ticket Prices: Daily Admission 7-Day 5-Day Adults $15 $50 $45 Children Age 7-12 $8 $30 $25 Children Age 6 & under Free -- -- 
    Many thanks. @james40, James. I appreciate your effort....  :D
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wylaff said:
    Ricky's black!?  ;):D

In all seriousness does he have a paypal account so he doesn't lose money to fees on the gofundme? Inquiring minds want to know.

How much does Go Fund Me take? I'd be willing to send a few bucks either way.
    I've heard GoFundMe takes 8%. PayPal takes nothing if you select 'friends and family' ......  
  • RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    Good evening gentlemen, thank you for your support.  I should have known that Jim would do this.  We are very thankful for those that have contributed and for those that would want to but can not at this time.  It is truly a blessing to have friends that come together and make things happen like this.

My son hasn't really grasp the magnitude of what he has accomplished in his first year of track and field.  He is the first one from our boys and girls club to make it there in over ten years.  Normally, like any other times with my family we plan for trips or vacations.  We never in our wildest dreams envision our son going this far.  So we didn't plan for it.  Yet he has a great chance at placing in the top 3.  We want to give him that opportunity because you never know if you'll have another chance at it.

With saying all of that, Thank You all for your support in helping in a short period of time. If all goes well, his gofundme account will be closed on Tuesday and we'll be in California praying for the best.

Sincerly,
    The Young Family
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now give us your PayPal...

<3

"Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^^^^*

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• MorganGeoMorganGeo Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very cool Rick.  Can't imagine how proud you must be!
    Thanks to the surprise deposit refund, donated again.

Brett and Amanda Jarman
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    done
    A little dirt never hurt
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks fellers!! Maybe we can get Rick back to Chicago this year???
    Thank you, thank you, thank you, I can not tell you guys enough.  You've truly made this happen for us.  In return, when I get back. I will be sending a nice little surprise for you all.  Thank you again....

Shizz, that may just happen again.
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A picture of the good times will do, good luck
    A little dirt never hurt
  • matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you have a paypal that we can help out the cause?

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

Yes, I sent you a pm matkn293
    Thank you, I will be closing the site tomorrow.  Thank you all for your generous support.