Home Cigar 101

Cigars in a plastic bag??

Jay6Jay6 Posts: 755 ✭✭✭✭✭
I made a tupperdor for the overflow that doesn't fit in my humidor, and boxes that come in. This is starting to fill up as well and was curious if I could use freezer bags with Boveda for long term storage inside the tupperdor? Somewhat new, and do not want to ruin some new purchases

Comments

• jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Jay

That should work. Just dont seal the freezer bags -- drop a Boveda in and put them in the tupperdor. 

For longer term storage, I suggest going with a cooler. $15 for a 48 quart at Wallyworld and you can put a bunch of Bovedas in there without any damage. Multiple Bovedas will not over humidify.

Better seal in a cooler vs a tupperware container, IMHO

-from another Jay
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • RolanddeschainRolanddeschain Posts: 898 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jay6 said:

Roger that, thank you for the reply!

Funny how things appear to be filling up way faster than I expected!

You can say that again......I turned an old cube fridge into a humidor using Boveda packs and some Spanish cedar(just for the aroma). I figured that would be more than enough room for what I had ordered and what I already had.........my latest purchase has me thinking I need to stop buying for a while.....:) I haven't been smoking much due to the crazy hot weather around here.

Long days and pleasant nights,

Roland
  • Ryan1990Ryan1990 Posts: 526 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Glad you asked this, I was wondering the same thing. I have a cooler I bought 3 weeks ago that is already full. Luckily I got a new humi for my birthday - 50 count, so I'll probably end up keeping 25 sticks in there - but it's still seasoning, so I've been using ziplocs as a stop gap. Seems to be okay for a couple weeks.
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    need another cooler already, go figure
    A little dirt never hurt
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,321 ✭✭✭✭✭
    dirtdude said:
    need another cooler already, go figure
    Please let us know when you get the new one, Randy.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • johnnyBjohnnyB Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That looks like trouble 
    Go get em 

Non Crux sed lux