Home General Discussion

Humidor project

13»

Comments

• silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 20,510 ✭✭✭✭✭

Awesome. May UPS be gentle with the box!

• VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 17,802 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have one also. That bead container is too much for that small area. Boveda is the way.

Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.
  • NorthsideSmokeNorthsideSmoke Posts: 652 ✭✭✭✭✭

Been using this for almost a decade in my humidor. I do also have Boveda packs in it.

What a dashing young man lol
    https://youtu.be/gKXeh4Org5g?si=_APGm6KsC975_qCT

I personally love the combo. And I have a spare one that I checked out and it still works, had to buy new beads.

@VegasFrank I really had my doubts about that giant vat of water. Plus I could absolutely see me knocking it over.

Thanks guys very much appreciated.

• VisionVision Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭✭✭

We need a new thread..... The Correct Answer Is BOVEDA.

• VisionVision Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Vision said:
    We need a new thread..... The Answer Is ALWAYS BOVEDA.

FIFM

I have been using the exact same boveda packs you see in the pictures from 2016 and they’re still fat and juicy.

Bovida packs are nice. But using them with an actual humidifier is much nicer.

They make a great backup.

counterpoint. They make a better primary. Your other device is one-way humidification. I have found that inside the plastic boxes, you don't need to throw a bunch of humidity around. Having A few boveda does just fine, even over several years. Every once in awhile I'll discover a dry one in one of my plastic boxes, and more often than not this correlates to a puffy one somewhere else. I just swapped their locations and I'm good to go. If I have a bunch of them dry out, I know I have a problem in the box.

Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.

Except for the don't disagree part, you're spot on.

@peter4jc said:

"I don't disagree with you, but you're wrong." LOL

When I read your "counterpoint" that's what I thought of.

I am not saying anyone is wrong. I am saying I have been doing it this way for a long time and it has worked for me.

Now Frank (the other Frank not me) brings up a good point, my other humidor is cedar lined like a standard humidor, this one is plastic lined and a lot less cedar so a lot less water absorption. So not comparing the same things. So I do appreciate the input.

Anyhow it's set up, I like it. $150 bucks well spent. And I finally found a good use for all those extra cedar trays that have been in my old coolidor since it was emptied of cigars. Three hygrometers in there atm all of them reading 67-68% humidity on different levels. Will add some cigars in a couple of days once the thing has my full trust.

edited August 30

@NorthsideSmoke said:
    Anyhow it's set up, I like it.

There you go, that's all that counts.

To the scores of newbs that will stumble up on this thread over the next ten years, be warned: 1 way humidification in a non porous container is a great way to grow mold.

Yeah, I really think that's a great point. think of it a lot more like a coolidor than a humidor. I only used boveda in the coolidors.

Well done Frank!

@Usaf06 said:

I have 4 of them and use boveda in all of em.

Just purchased my second one since I want to expand my collection. The Bovedas are working great.

Thanks Nick.