Home General Discussion

Herf etiquette

RolanddeschainRolanddeschain Posts: 898 ✭✭✭✭✭
I'm hosting a party for some of my old hockey buddies. There will be maybe six of us who smoke cigars and I've invited them to help me thin out my humidor. Should I choose a selection of sticks for them to choose from or should I let them pick from my humidor? I'm just wondering what is considered kosher in the cigar world.

Dave
Long days and pleasant nights,

Roland

Comments

• WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends on how good the friends are ;)
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • RolanddeschainRolanddeschain Posts: 898 ✭✭✭✭✭
    peter4jc said:
    You could go either way, depending on your generosity and size of your inventory.  I'd be inclined to set out 3-4 times the number of people, say 25 cigars and let them choose.  That way you get to hang onto the sticks that have sentimental value, and you get to set the value/quality of the sticks being handed out.

BTW... you haven't replied to my PM, buster.  :smile:
    Sure I did.......(just now:)

Roland
  • RolanddeschainRolanddeschain Posts: 898 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was thinking along those lines, @peter4jc
    Still learning the ropes so I figured I'd ask. I have a feeling most of them will grab the largest ring gauge sticks because it seems to be the 'in' thing. 

Roland
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The great thing about the cigar world is that while there are some definite etiquette faw poes, for the most part it's such an inviting and accommodating culture that it's hard to screw up real bad.  If it's an honest mistake, you get a free pass.  If you're with good people, they'll not assume the worst and give some honest advice.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • NorthsideSmokeNorthsideSmoke Posts: 616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was thinking along those lines, @peter4jc
    Still learning the ropes so I figured I'd ask. I have a feeling most of them will grab the largest ring gauge sticks because it seems to be the 'in' thing. 
    lol no one wants wants to be the first one done smoking :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    For me, take what you want. 

You could fill a 20 count and have everyone choose from there. That way you know what is there and they feel like they get to sort through on their own. I'd put a mix of good, better, best and then you can all feel good about it with no worries.