Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

New daughter contest!

Well, two weeks ago my baby girl was born.  What a crazy two weeks it has been.  She will have me wrapped around her finger for as long as I live.  To celebrate I decided to do a little something for my cigar loving BOTL's on here.  All you have to do is comment on this thread.  That is it.  I'll keep this up until next Saturday.  Sometime that night I will throw everyone's name into a Cubs hat and have my son pick out the winner.  

The winner gets 5-10 sticks from me.  Nothing special just a collection of sticks that I have enjoyed over the past 5+ years.  Maybe even a special stick from my long term resting humi.  Those have 4+ years on them.

Again, just post here and you are in.  Easy!!!

Comments

• Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,765 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations!  Just wait untill she starts moving, babies are crazy fun.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    johnnyBjohnnyB Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations Go Cubs
    Non Crux sed lux
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations. Get plenty of sleep now, while you can. It won't be so easy later on.....   o:)
  • Options
    genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cherish every moment and just remember, little kids little problems, big kids big problems!
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    congrats, what did you name her, I'm guessing Beth
  • Options
    AlbinfkAlbinfk Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's great. Congrats. I had twin girls so cherish every moment cause the time will fly right by.
  • Options
    bert873bert873 Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Congrats! Enjoy every moment. 
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats Rob what a wonderful occasion and very good to see you again brother!

Brett
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations to you and your wife. I hope we can all work together to give your daughter a good world to live in.
  • Options
    RolanddeschainRolanddeschain Posts: 898 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mozel Tov!!!!!!
    Long days and pleasant nights,

Roland
  • Options
    cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations! First?
  • Options
    NorthsideSmokeNorthsideSmoke Posts: 515 ✭✭✭✭
    No need to put me in the hat brother. But congrtaz man. Get some sleep while you can :)
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Nice man congrats!! Wish you the best of luck for the sleeping but you know how it is
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    CigarPunkCigarPunk Posts: 826 ✭✭✭✭
    As the father of two boys and one girl I can tell you that a great and amazing journey is about to begin. CONGRATS.
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's awesome @Bobbo2009!

But I don't know that I want my name in a Cubs hat...  don't you have a Brewers hat?
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats on the baby girl, no need to put me in on the contest but you can put @peter4jc in that Cubs hat for me ;)
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    MikeToddMikeTodd Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats on the kid and Go Cubs!!

• Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats on the baby girl, being a real father thru changing situations is all thats important bro, no need to put my name in the hat but you can put @peter4jc in that Cubs hat for me
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bobbo2009 said:
    Well, two weeks ago my baby girl was born.  What a crazy two weeks it has been.  She will have me wrapped around her finger for as long as I live.  To celebrate I decided to do a little something for my cigar loving BOTL's on here.  All you have to do is comment on this thread.  That is it.  I'll keep this up until next Saturday.  Sometime that night I will throw everyone's name into a Cubs hat and have my son pick out the winner.  

The winner gets 5-10 sticks from me.  Nothing special just a collection of sticks that I have enjoyed over the past 5+ years.  Maybe even a special stick from my long term resting humi.  Those have 4+ years on them.

Again, just post here and you are in.  Easy!!!

Little girls are born charmers. She'll grab your nose and smile. She'll sit on your lap and give you kissies. She'll lean her little head on your shoulder while you read her a book. Mom gets the attitude; Dad gets beguiled. By the time she's done with you, Bobbo, she's gonna have you buying her a red Mustang. So start saving now.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    Ryan1990Ryan1990 Posts: 526 ✭✭✭✭
    Congrats @Bobbo2009! Count mine as an (extra) entry for @tabako.

Thanks! 

• Options
    MorganGeoMorganGeo Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 191 ✭✭✭
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    tabakotabako Posts: 365 ✭✭✭
    Man, I have raised 9 kids; only two of them daughters. To steal and paraphrase a line,"they were the best of times, they were the worst of times..."
    Cherish every minute and give her the gift of memories cuz they forget the things, but the memories of time spent well with her will be precious to her forever. 

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Just want to say congratulations sir. You sound like a proud pop. 
  • Options
    skydiverDskydiverD Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats!  And my entry is for @Patrickbrick

How do you like my profile pic Taborski?   @matkn293          
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats again, and should I win I will provide you with @skydiverD's address.
  • Options
    onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulations on the baby girl!!!!! she's gonna change your life!

Great to see you back on the forum!

• Options
    WaterNerdWaterNerd Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations. I have three kids and my youngest is 12. They grow up so quick enjoy every moment.
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
    — Abraham Lincoln

• Options
    GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations! I hope she gets a little brother soon! 
    Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • Options
    GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just re-read the first post and she already has a big brother! Duh!
    Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.