Home Ratings & Reviews

Ramon Bueso Olancho Vintage Toro

Hi, I'm a newbie at serious cigar smoking and after 3 months of trying many Sampler Packages of $8-$15 p/stick smokes I have determined that I prefer a medium to full bodied cigar better than say the Ashton Classic I was started on. Cohiba, Macanudo and Monte Cristo have all been excellent and I'm starting to taste the subtle changes that each goes through. I can't identify the taste yet but I can notice it as a pleasurable experience. I have also tried some less expensive samplers bc I thought I'd enjoy them on the golf course or while fishing. Well, I don't. Most times they don't burn evenly, need to be relit several times, and are harsh, especially when first lit. U get what u pay for and I can afford a better stick even when fishing. In a Sampler Pack I received last week I picked the Ramon Bueso Olancho Vintage Toro to light up and found it to be the best tasting, smelling, burning cigar to date and that I totally enjoyed it! I bought a case from CI and had 2 this weekend that were just as good. So now I have a case of R&J 1875 that are good, but I enjoy this slightly less expensive cigar better. I can only think it's because its rated as a much fuller taste to the others. I smoked Marlboros for 35 years and maybe had 5 cigars in that time. Hated them all. Since I quit the nails 9 months ago I now have a pallet again so I get the cigar thing...and really enjoy it!

Comments

• Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome and glad you found such a winner, Ramon Bueso does some good stuff :)

Brett
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Ryan1990Ryan1990 Posts: 526 ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome Mike!
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,002 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Welcome Mike. I had an Olacho last night as a follow-up to a more expensive, higher regarded cigar. I enjoyed the RB Olancho more. I haven't had all the Ramon Bueso cigars yet but those that I've had,..... well, let me say it this way,.... I make room for them in my coolers. 
  • johnnyBjohnnyB Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome Mike  
    Non Crux sed lux
  • Ryan1990Ryan1990 Posts: 526 ✭✭✭✭
    @MikeWal Just a heads up, the Olancho Vintage Toros are part of the ccom daily deal today: 10 for $39.99.

Not a bad deal at all, very tempting for a box of 10 for sure, thanks for the heads up
    @Ryan1990  :)

Brett
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Posts: 937 ✭✭✭
    OR Genesis were awesome.
    Odyssey doesn't do it for me.
    Have a box of Habanos resting for a while, need to try them soon.........getting mixed reviews on those.
    Dont know what to think about the Olancho.......guess I'll have to get some soon.
    biggest mistake I made was smoking all my OR Genesis Toros...........they were phenomenal.........subsequent releases didn't really come close quite frankly.
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I heard that these like some age on them.  Since I bit on these, I'm going to put them down for a long nap.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lit up the Olancho tonight, still in the first third but I'm not sure long aging is the way to go. It's a good cigar with nice flavors but not sharp or too peppery, aging too long could make this cigar made with vintage tobacco a less interesting cigar. image
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
    Thanks for the heads up Chris, looks like a good one!