Home General Discussion

Unknown (to you) brand that you enjoyed

LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭

Through your smoking careers, what is an unknown (to you) brand that caught you by surprise? Also, which stick of theirs would you recommend the most?

For me... It was Casa Miranda. I had never heard of them nor heard anything one way or another from anyone. The Chapter One is AMAZING! In my top 5 sticks for sure.

Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.

Comments

• 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well to be fair most all brands were unknown to us at some time, but the ones that caught me most by surprise were Caldwell, La Barba, and Warped. The Warped Flor de Valle was a huge eye opener and still a cigar that I remember fondly. The La Barba red is still one of the best sticks I have had this year and they were just re-released again last week. And for Caldwell, only had a few but loved them all, the All Hail the King is my fav so far.

Brett
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Well to be fair most all brands were unknown to us at some time, but the ones that caught me most by surprise were Caldwell, La Barba, and Warped. The Warped Flor de Valle was a huge eye opener and still a cigar that I remember fondly. The La Barba red is still one of the best sticks I have had this year and they were just re-released again last week. And for Caldwell, only had a few but loved them all, the All Hail the King is my fav so far.

Brett

You bring up a great point there. All brands have been unknown to everyone. lol

Having a hard time trying to figure out how to word what I mean... ummmmmmm during the maturation of your smoking career? Not in the beginning but maybe in the more recent months/year or maybe even currently?

• Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Early in my cigar adventure I loved the Nestor Miranda Special Selection Maduro. The Casa Miranda is one I don't believe I have tried yet. 

Warped is a recent new favorite brand that @Usaf06 clued me in on. Try their sampler. 
    Off to go look at Warped right now. :) (also the others mentioned)
  • CigarPunkCigarPunk Posts: 826 ✭✭✭✭
    The Island Jack I smoked just the other night was a terrific cigar. It's made by leaf and I suggest trying it.
  • avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Leaf by Oscar was one of the first "lesser known brands" that really caught me off guard.  I still really enjoy smoking their cigars.  A new one that I just finally tried that has me on the hunt for more of their brand is La Barba.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flatbed Panacea Azul 
    Flatbed Panacea Azul 
    Agree. Small Pa company doing it right. 
    so what is it about these cigars that surprised you or made them stand out above the rest?
    so what is it about these cigars that surprised you or made them stand out above the rest?
    They make me feel happy in my swimsuit areas. 
    Level of flavor, balance and just the X factor... how much they wowed ya and how well they hit your palate. Fairly straight forward for me there, either it blows my kilt up or it doesn't lol, and for why they were a surprise simply because I really wasn't familiar with the company and didn't have any expectations.

Brett
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Ryan1990Ryan1990 Posts: 526 ✭✭✭✭
    Not really unknown, but one that I wasn't expecting much from but blew me away was the Liga Privada back in 2011
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Curivari limitada 1000 series. Also, Chogui dos
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    fuente curly head.

$2 for a fuente stick?

done deal.
    end thread.
    let's pack it up and go home.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

jgibv said:
    fuente curly head.

$2 for a fuente stick?

done deal.
    end thread.
    let's pack it up and go home.

John has spoken. LOL No further input needed. ;)

Im currently working on a list of cigars that I have to try. Recently I have just been smoking whatever has come up at the time or something new at the B&M. Trying to get a path to work down instead of just willy-nilly here and there stuff. lol Thanks for the input so far guys! :)

RoMa Craft is another for me, thought it was all hype and gimmick but turned out to be some amazing cigars that I love now and great pricing too they are near the top of my box purchase list. 

Brett