Home General Discussion
Options

What are the spots?

I had heard that spots sometimes occur on cigars and that some were fine and others were not.

I had  CAO Camaroon last night that had a couple of spots on it.  It looked similar to a bleach stain on a shirt.  

I smoked it anyway and didn't notice anything

Comments

• Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Larry Butcher, Kentucky tobacco farmer, tells me white spots come from I forget which mineral in the soil.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,983 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And some are water spots
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's called plume. Kinda like Unicorn tears.  Very htf.
    Just a warning though, you will get dizzy and start seeing weird sh*t if you smoke it.

"It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love that you have that in your kitchen.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wet spots?
  • Options
    SteveInTexasSteveInTexas Posts: 85 ✭✭✭
    Did not look like the above photo
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Then you probably have mold
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    AlbinfkAlbinfk Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No socks in the pic??
  • Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Be glad then.

Could be excess "glue" (what is that stuff, pectin? It's edible I believe) could just be a blemish on the wrapper, or "tooth" which is a sandpapery texture to the whole wrapper leave. As long as it does not look like cotton candy or Dr. Seuss trees, it is probably safe to smoke.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    If you have ever splashed bleach on a colored T-shirt........you know what it looked like
  • Options
    jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Steve that is simple discoloration, it happens from time to time. Like what Gray said above, if it isn't funky looking (translation...mold), smoke it

-Jay
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,022 ✭✭✭✭✭
    water-spots-1jpg
  • Options
    water-spots-2jpg
  • Options
    Water spots I presume. 
  • Options
    TridentTrident Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭
    It's called plume. Kinda like Unicorn tears.  Very htf.
    Just a warning though, you will get dizzy and start seeing weird sh*t if you smoke it.

the age old questions...mold or plume...That is Damn fuzzy...if you need to shave your cigar, it ain't plume!
  • Options
    Bob nailed it