Home General Discussion
Options

Recommendations wanted

RolanddeschainRolanddeschain Posts: 898 ✭✭✭✭✭
My wife and I have both enjoyed AB Prensado on several occasions. Im looking for recommendations on something similar in flavor and strength. I'm at that point in my cigar career that I enjoy making my list of sticks to try.
Thanks
Dave
Long days and pleasant nights,

Roland

Comments

• Options
    TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love this post, and I am hoping to see some great recommendations. I must confess I have smoked some good sticks that I can't remember what they were. When I first started smoking Cigars I never paid attention to what I smoked. I have truly enjoyed Patrons, and Rocky Patel Vintage 1990. These I know, there have been  a few great sticks I wished I knew what they were.  A coworker of mine swears by the Tobaks and will not smoke anything else. He likes the coffee flavor. When I met my now wife she went to a B&M and purchased me a stick that may have been the best flavored smoke ever, it was like smoking a brownie, it was awesome, and I have no idea what it was. 
    I was born a fool, and just got bigger!
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,108 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never kept notes. I always thought it would have been a good idea but,.........

And I'm not good at making recommendations. I've had the prensado a few times but I can't remember if I've had anything that comes close to being similar. However, I'll try and recall some sticks I've had lately that I'd recommend.

Ramon Bueso Olancho
    Anything by Crowned Heads
    Anything by Warped
    I'm stumped now. Oh well. 

• Options
    tabakotabako Posts: 365 ✭✭✭
    Well based on the profile of the Prensado here are my recommendations fro some similar to sticks;
    Don Pepin Garcia Blue
    Don Pepin Garcia Cuban Classic
    Rocky Patel The Edge Corojo
    Punch Signature
    J Fuego Corojo Oscuro
    Camacho Corojo
    Joya de Nicaragua Antano Dark Corojo
    Padilla Dominus
    El Gueguense
    Blanco Nine
    Gran Habano #5 Corojo
    Viaje Reserva and finally,
    Asylum 13 Authentic Corojo

I really like the DPG Blue and think you'll find some pretty common ground with that Corojo wrapper on many of these. Maybe there is a game of some kind to be found in this little family of cigars....things that make you go hmmmmmmm...
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good job @tabako !
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain