Home General Discussion
Options

Quest for a cheap cigar ash tray

2»

Comments

• Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I searched for a cool one a long time ago but settled on a cheap one instead.
  • Options
    miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The dog won't even drink water out of this M&M's bowl. 

Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Bob_Luken how long did you have to search to find that post?
    By accident. It was just one click away. When I first typed (or pasted) in "Vintage Frankoma #458 Ashtray" #458 came out highlighted blue. So I was curious enough to click on it and, there it was. And, I suppose you smarter people can tell my why it came out highlighted blue. 
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Commonly used on twitter for searching. Facebook now also, I think. That is what it means when someone refers to a hashtag. It creates a link to be able to search for anything. #Bob_Luken
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Commonly used on twitter for searching. Facebook now also, I think. That is what it means when someone refers to a hashtag. It creates a link to be able to search for anything. #Bob_Luken
    You can lead a horse to water,..... (thank you,) But, he'll still be pissed that he can't use the # for a number sign anymore. 
  • Options
    CAcigarguy007CAcigarguy007 Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Save your steel cans (or "tin" cans for the old timers). You can use them till they stink and then toss them. No cleaning required! Plus they make great targets on the .22 range! Between tuna, beans, soups, tomatoes ect most people should be able to get a nice collection going! You can rest a cigar right across the top ( or top angle on the larger ones). Plus it looks good next to the mason jar beverage of your choice. Never understood the whole nice astray thing. I guess it's the utilitarian in me.  
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saw a couple of glass ashtrays at the thrift store that were a nice amber color but passed them by.
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    There's an estate breaker not far from the office, empties houses and sells the furnishings when people die. I'm gonna scope them out. 

Meanwhile, gotta love this one from cigar.com:

Just twenty bucks. Throw a daily deal in with it, you're set to go.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    Got a "Stinky" on the Bid site for $14.00
  • Options
    NOGILLS2NOGILLS2 Posts: 156 ✭✭✭
    Went to Tuesday  morning and found one for $2 here. I smoke outside at home so I didn't want to spend a lot and it get broken. 
    I am a happy man. You have made me very grateful. For this is the very first time that the Crown Jewels have ever been adequately & deliriously praised by an unprejudiced person. Still it is the cigars' own fault that this is so for it is a cigar which excites envy & jealousy in the smoker because he knows & feels the truth of which you have said; that there is no other cigar that is just like it. There are cigars which resemble it but only in appearance, not in spirit & not in the ability to dare & do. There is no other cigar that can make a person want to go away & get by himself & think this life over & wonder if it is altogether worth while. I will send you some more when you get out. Let me know. Any man of fine intelligence who is acquainted with Crown Jewels prizes them above any other gems & saves them & hoards them. I gave Harry Rogers a box two years ago & he has them yet. Let me know when you are out.
  • Options
    raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    Couple of weeks ago my quest ended. Went to a Salvation Army type store and found one for $3. Then, of course, I got suckered into a cigar deal from A C.com Competitor that offered a Sakara ash tray as a bonus when you bought a mazo. The CAS never ends.