Home General Discussion
Options

Do you Keep track of your inventory?

2»

Comments

• Options
    onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nope, to much work. I have a pretty fair idea of what I have and roughly where it's at. It can be a bit frustrating when I have a craving for a specific cigar that I KNOW I have and it's not in the box I thought it was, the upside to this is that more boxes get opened and searched, air exchange and all that.

• Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not disciplined enough to keep an inventory.
    I find sticks I thought were long gone, so it's like finding a lost treasure.
    I kind of like that. LOL!
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    firehouseguyfirehouseguy Posts: 996 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t keep track 
    Cigars were made to be smoked, whiskey was made to be drank and women were made to be loved. The only thing I try to age is myself. 
  • Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh hell no.
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That would take all the fun out being surprised when I start digging.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope. 
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I keep track.
    As I'm digging through, I keep track of how many times I go, "oh wait, what's that one?" or "Forgot I had that." or "Wait, what was I after again?"

And then, something shiny catches my eye and I've forgotten everything.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do the inventory at work and I don't enjoy it.......Why do it with something I enjoy?

• Options
    firehouseguyfirehouseguy Posts: 996 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bob_Luken said:
    I don’t keep track 
    Well, ****. If that's the case, then how the hell did you necro this thread?
    Sheer boredom 
    Cigars were made to be smoked, whiskey was made to be drank and women were made to be loved. The only thing I try to age is myself. 
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have to. Can't imagine how I'd get along without it. I've got a tub full of long term storage, a fishing boat size cooler fill of stashed boxes, another big ice chest full of wrappers, another full of fillers, two chests full of leaf I'm working with right now, even a chest devoted to nothing but conditioning wrappers to just the right flexibility. In all, I maintain on the order of 40 pounds of baccy, dozens of varieties. How else would I set and imagine which might go well with which other?

Just now, for instance, I polished off twenty coronas I'll name Aubreys, cause they're for my eldest sister's hubby Aubrey for Christmas. 2 1/2 Nicaraguan seco from WholeLeafTobacco and 1 Rene seco from a sample WLT sent me, bound in Sumatra wrapper I dug out of the basement at FX Smith's, then wrapped in CT shade also from FX Smith. Purely a matter of settin staring at the list & imagining what might go with what else.

What I should do, but I don't keep up with ... I should maintain graded lists of what blends I've already tried, so's I don't make the same mistakes over & over. 

p.s.
    I see where onestrangeone says: "Nope, to much work." Not at all. All it takes is one more "o".

Tension to detail.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    HawkeyeHawkeye Posts: 246 ✭✭✭✭
    I have it on a piece of paper right now, but will likely move to a google spreadsheet like I use for everything else I keep track of.

I like the who/when/where you got it from idea as well, I will add that in!  Then again, I do spreadsheets for fun, cause I'm nerdy like that.
    Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular.
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lift the lid and look.
  • Options
    NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I track what I can but sometimes it’s straight into the cooler 

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

• Options
    BKDogBKDog Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eidetic memory. B)

(near enough)
    "Love is a dung heap, Betty and I am but a c.o.c.k. that climbs upon it to crow."