Home Pipes
Options

Help me find .... thread

2»

Comments

• Options
    rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crazy how fast it sold out.  SmokingPipes had a limit of 25 cans on the cellar yesterday.  They had the Holliday Spirit in stock last week and now it is all gone.
  • Options
    EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This really sucks -- glad I grabbed a couple 100g tins of FM Cellar and On the Town....but so many others I would have loved to try.
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • Options
    Captain_CallCaptain_Call Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Panic buying at its finest. I give it a few weeks before the scalpers turn up on ebay selling it for 20 an ounce and counterfeits crop up. I have about 2 ounces each of all 4 frogs. I moved them over to the out of production stash and reserved them for special occasions. The only one I've tried so far was the town and if the others are as good in their respective categories, I'm going to be hunting them too
  • Options
    It seems that if you didn't load up in the first 24 hours, with your giant pile of expendable income, you lost out on the chance to pay decent prices
  • Options
    Scratch that few weeks. A quick Google search shows a 50g tin of frog morton went for 45 dollars. I don't know if that's the going rate but I know I won't be chasing any more at those prices
  • Options
    Scratch that few weeks. A quick Google search shows a 50g tin of frog morton went for 45 dollars. I don't know if that's the going rate but I know I won't be chasing any more at those prices
    I guess one of the benefits of being a newb is that there are still LOTS AND LOTS of other blends I haven't tried and so don't really know what I'm missing...
  • Options
    Tis better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all. Isn't that how it goes? I feel the same @Echambers. I just got back into my pipes heavy again and everything is disappearing faster than I can get it stocked up. I suppose it's a blessing in disguise. If I've never had it, I can't miss it and if I don't miss it I won't pay out the nose from nostalgia/addiction
  • Options
    rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I missed the McClelland Virginia heyday, but Damn the Cellar is an outstanding English blend.  Its a shame because it is scalpers buying up the product and now that it is out of stock will gouge the prices.  I will look to stockpile some more, but I will not buy from them
  • Options
    Tis better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all. Isn't that how it goes? I feel the same @Echambers. I just got back into my pipes heavy again and everything is disappearing faster than I can get it stocked up. I suppose it's a blessing in disguise. If I've never had it, I can't miss it and if I don't miss it I won't pay out the nose from nostalgia/addiction
    Exactly!
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well keep your eyes open please. Im not greedy I just want one FM cellar for myself so I can try it. It has already started popping up and being resold for double or triple the msrp. I just refuse to buy like that. 
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow! I just checked yesterday! I thought I would get a couple tins of orientals, since they're so good. All gone!
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Going to my B&M Sunday, Jake. Will be sure to inquire for you.
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jsnake said:
    Well keep your eyes open please. Im not greedy I just want one FM cellar for myself so I can try it. It has already started popping up and being resold for double or triple the msrp. I just refuse to buy like that. 

How long before new members with names like cigartwentysevenmillionBR549 start popping up on here offering unsealed tins of Frog Morton for only $5.00/ gram?
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,725 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I checked Mission Pipe yesterday and they had the other three FMs, but no cellar.
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    Found another tin of Cellar so I'm good. I also found some other stuff. Some dated to 2010. The aromatics are for some pipe work I'm doing for a guy. Then when I went to add to my cellar I discovered a tin of Christmas Cheer I don't even remember ever buying. 
  • Options
    Unfortunately not only does my B&M not have it, but they have also never heard of it LOL. Too bad... I was thinking about picking up one for myself.
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • Options
    Re WTF: I know...how have you not heard of that?!?
  • Options
    Not sure if we had a trading thread so thought I'd post here. Do a search for trade and you will see it's insane. Anyways I found my Frog Morton Cellar and stocked up. Now I'm trying to find one tin of Across the Pond. I know it's a long shot but I've seen guys finding them at their locals. My area is cleaned out of all McClelland. I don't know of any small Ma and Pa shops where you can get lucky. If anyone has either size tin I do have a ton of McClelland trade bait. 
  • Options
    Alright guys. I'm searching for some McClelland Deep Hollow. I have lots to trade. Lots and lots of other McClelland if anyone is wanting to trade I may be interested in some others like Penmans Choice and Master Penman plus others. I have some regular frog and some extra cellar as well as about 40 other blends in my trade pile. 
  • Options
    dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jsnake said:
    Can you all check your locals
    next time you stop in for Ben Wade/Preben Holm style pipe stems. Many shops don't carry replacement stems anymore but many still have new old stock.  Example below 

@jsnake try Vermont Freehand. I bought two Ben Wade style stems from them a couple years ago when he was still on eBay. Their website has a great selection 

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • Options
    I come across them here and there. Vermont freehand has the style as well and the prices are great on replacement stems. I just need to get the stem turning tool.