Home Non Cigar Related
Options

BBQ Sauce Thread

2»

Comments

• Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you cant find something that was mentioned let me know.  A lot of mine come from a meat market/bbq store.  I can pick up whatever you would want.
    thanks brad!  i'll keep that in mind.

i'm going to try and work my way through everyone's recommendations, so if i have trouble finding any i'll certainly let you know. 

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    harrisjlharrisjl Posts: 21 ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Keep in mind store bought BBQ sauces can be doctored up.  If it's too sweet add some acidity like vinegar or lemon juice.  Too add heat red pepper flake, cayenne or hot sauce etc.  Just a tad then taste add more if needed.  Google how to cut or add sweet, hot/spicy or acidity tones to sauce. 
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    harrisjl said:
    Keep in mind store bought BBQ sauces can be doctored up.  If it's too sweet add some acidity like vinegar or lemon juice.  Too add heat red pepper flake, cayenne or hot sauce etc.  Just a tad then taste add more if needed.  Google how to cut or add sweet, hot/spicy or acidity tones to sauce. 
    i get what you're saying....but that's too much work lol. 
    i wanna just open the jar and go. 

there's sooooo many sauces out there (and y'all gave me some good recommendations), i'm sure the perfect one exists....it's just a matter of finding it. 

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    jgibv said: i'm sure the perfect one exists....it's just a matter of finding it.  
    If the perfect sauce existed there'd be no no need for BBQ competitions. :)
  • Options
    prosspross Posts: 874 ✭✭✭
    I barbeque over charcoal all summer. Sweet Baby Ray's after a 7 or so our applewood smoke on ribs is hard to beat for a store bought sauce.  
  • Options
    matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bbq sauce has taken on a craft bear like explosion. I go into a store and it's half an isle anymore. So hard to choose. Luckily my local store is now carrying the sauce I use 95% of the time, Head Country original. If you need some let me know. I will ship some down to you. 

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• Options
    raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    @matkin293, I'm willing to take on your recommendation for Head Country. They don't sell it close to me, but you can order a mix and match of six20 oz bottles for $20 plus shipping online. Hell, that's a lot less than I pay per bottle for the regular generic Kraft stuff in the store.