Home General Discussion
Options

C.A.S. is real...........I've become an addict!

Comments

• Options
    Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guitarded said:
    D@mn CAS strikes again! Where were you @peter4jc when I needed an intervention? I should be ashamed of my behavior, but these have been calling to me to bring them home, and they were the last two sublimes in the store. 

Being the last two.  You just HAD to buy them, it would have been wrong to leave them.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Options
    Sketch6995Sketch6995 Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Ya Me too I just bought10 brass knuckles......
    Plus a new sampler every day this week
    The higher.......the fewer.  ( Alexander Rozhenko)

What you can't forgive......you will become.
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,841 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't bought anything this week, but I've been tempted every day.
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    Scratch that, ran out of my house cigar, had to buy 20 more. 
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have to wonder on those bid sites, if the geniuses bidding have any actual idea what the cigars are going for and just bid to win, no matter the costs.

It's amazing to see cigars and accessories going for as much, if not more than retail.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am saving this for when my wife starts to complain. 

"Well it could be worse. See I'm a light weight!"  :D
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Oh here it comes she's on the banks website. I made a few purchases this weekend.

Time to pullout this thread.  ;)
  • Options
    deadman said:
    Oh here it comes she's on the banks website. I made a few purchases this weekend.

It's comforting in the extreme to see I'm not alone.

Misery loves company I suppose lol.

• Options
    edited May 2017
    deadman said:

It's comforting in the extreme to see I'm not alone.

Misery loves company I suppose lol.
    Yeah she seriously dislikes my spending habits. I guess that's universal for wives.

Ok her ADAH kick in and she got distracted. Bought myself another 24 hrs.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    I was just informed I spent 2200 dollars on cigars in the last 2 weeks.

LIES!

NOT TRUE.......100 went to DZR for stands...... :s

• Options
    miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017

Try counseling with hubby over anger with cigar habit

By Amy Dickinson, Ask Amy12:04 a.m. ET Feb. 7, 2015

Dear Amy: My husband of 39 years smokes cigars daily.

He is a retired doctor, a diabetic and he knows that smoking any kind of tobacco product can cause serious health problems. He has a friend in the cigar business who sends him boxes of free cigars. He does not smoke in our home.

I have tried many times to persuade him to stop smoking (or at least to reduce his consumption) without success. I let him know his family loves him and is worried about his health. I have suggested he involve himself in community activities, thinking maybe he's bored; I've even suggested counseling, as friends and I think he may be depressed (he denies this).

He has no hobbies other than eating and cooking, smoking cigars and watching TV. He has always behaved as though the laws of nature do not apply to him.

I recognize that I already have baseline resentment over heartaches he caused me in the past. I don't relish the idea of further punishment — having to take care of him if his own stupidity leads to health problems. I am ready to say, "Dear, if you develop smoking-related health issues, you'll need to move to Florida so that your so-called friend who sends you cigars can take care of you." I doubt this threat would have much of an impact, but can I do this?

I work in health care. Every day I see cases in which spouses or family members have to care for patients whose poor choices have led to poor consequences. Sometimes the caretakers are angry and resentful. I don't want to end up like that. — Weary Wife

Dear Weary: I'd say you are already angry and resentful. You need to deal with your own feelings rather than your husband's behavior.

You have a lot to ponder. Let's say your husband is in a car accident (instead of a tobacco-caused health issue). Will you take care of him then? Or is it only smoking-related issues you will refuse to countenance? And if something happens to you, will he step up?

I realize that "sometimes a cigar is just a cigar," but I raise these hypotheticals to point out that this is probably not really about the cigars. This is about your relationship, his ennui, your inability to control him and your fears for the future.

You should commit to counseling and urge him to join you (perhaps this is your nonnegotiable). You'll have to attach a consequence if he won't go with you.

That is what is going on behind your back lol  :D

Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not really a bad answer, but mine would have been.....
    Funny thing is, my wife agrees with me.

Dear Weary:
    Shut the hell up and let him have that small enjoyment in life, cause God knows, you aren't it.
    You need to get rid of him and get a man who has no balls and you can order around like a slave.
    For God's sake, he's a Doctor. Do you think you know more than he does about his health?

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    I just got shipment notification of an order coming in Wednesday that I forgot about. What happened?  Blame this one on @miller65rod Rodney!
  • Options
    GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I looked at those just for the jar to use in the smoking shed. Let us know how the cigar is please. TY.  ;)
    Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • Options
    I'll get some pics up asap

• Options
    I give up.....
    I am completely at the mercy of the cigar gods.... 
    I cannot say no....

I'VE NEVER EVEN TRIED ONE!