Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

Gauging Interest --- Fantasy HOCKEY League

Comments

• Options
    matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know WTF!

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,693 ✭✭✭✭✭
    3 in a row, you are on a run
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    I don't know chit about hockey but I do have some background in analyzing numbers and noticed my goalies poor play have tagged me with 3 losses and a tie. My solution, hire some injured goalies so they quit hurting me. Am I cheating?
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,241 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had eleven points after Wednesday. Somehow I came back to win this week.
  • Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I lost by a goalie....
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    Wylaff said:
    I lost by a goalie....
    Hire an invalid 
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm coming for you this week Mr Eskimo Pie!!! @miller65rod ;

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    Go get him Gibby, smash the Pie man
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    Thre is a prime example
    If Shizz had disabled goalies he would have...um.... zero points instead of -2
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    dirtdude said:
    I don't know chit about hockey but I do have some background in analyzing numbers and noticed my goalies poor play have tagged me with 3 losses and a tie. My solution, hire some injured goalies so they quit hurting me. Am I cheating?
    That's not a bad strategy @dirtdude ;  the default scoring system for goalies is way off. 

I will certainly change the goalie scoring for next season, if we do this again. 

• Options
    jgibv said:
    dirtdude said:
    That's not a bad strategy @dirtdude ;  the default scoring system for goalies is way off. 

I will certainly change the goalie scoring for next season, if we do this again. 
    Oh Gibby, you are the football king, what do you know about hockey....oh yea, you organized this didn't you....nevermind
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    damn goalies
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    Can't make changes today due to the game this afternoon. Cool, I was hoping to keep that injured guy on my roster for another week.
  • Options
    Yeah, that was pretty messed up.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    Damn fellas sorry that's real lame.  

I'll look into it tomorrow and see if I can do anything with the mannager
    tools.  

If any of you want me to move your injured players around LMK and I'll do so if possible.

• Options
    I just want my suspended player on the bench :)

• Options
    edited January 2017
    Wylaff said:
    I just want my suspended player on the bench :)
    @Wylaff ; it looks like i can do this for you. 

I can move "D Anthony DeAngelo" to your bench --- which player do you want him replaced with?  Dumba or Irwin?

Can't make changes today due to the game this afternoon. Cool, I was hoping to keep that injured guy on my roster for another week.

@CharlieHeis ; it looks like you want "D Mike Green" removed from your roster.  I can remove him for you, but I don't see any defensemen on your bench to replace him with.

Scratch that.....looks like I cannot make changes to anyone's roster.  I tried to drop Mike Green to bench for @CharlieHeis ; and got an error message. 

"We're Sorry

Player is locked from moves.
    Validation failed for current period move."

Sorry fellas. 

• Options
    Just don't mess with my goalies on IR, they are doing great
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    No worries John. I shouldn't have waited until after work to make changes. Always making roster moves while on the clock from now on.
  • Options
    Wouldn't have made a difference. The roster never unlocked. It just switched to the next round.

• Options
    You can make changes for next week anytime, on the My Team tab there is a black bar Set your lineup, by default it is this week and everything is locked except for that small window but you can select next week and everything is open to move.
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    dirtdude said:
    You can make changes for next week anytime, on the My Team tab there is a black bar Set your lineup, by default it is this week and everything is locked except for that small window but you can select next week and everything is open to move.
    thanks for the tip @dirtdude ; i didn't realize you could make changes in advance. 
    i thought you had to do it during that "open" period when the roster unlocks.

lol very good to know, now that we're halfway through the season

• Options
    Had 3 players involved in the Penguins 8-7 win over the Caps, good for 18 points
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    @matkn293 how the hell did you get both your goalies onto an already full bench? And why am I not getting bonus points for you always having an open net :wink:

• Options
    matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not about a full bench. It's about the amount of players on your team. You can leave any spot open at anytime. With the run on goalies early and me not jumping I got some ish in net. Better to sit rather than chance of negative points. 

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• Options
    Exactly, thats why I hired injured goalies, no negatives
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    You may have noticed that your roster is still locked and you still have the same opponent as last week.   

This is because of the shortened week this week due to the All Star Game.....and there will be no games played this upcoming Fri-Mon.

So last week & this week are combined into a single matchup. 

• Options
    Yea I noticed we had a long week and heard some chatter about some All-Star business, was a little concerned as I had Team Stank nipping at my heels, hope we get through the long week
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    dirtdude said:
    Yea I noticed we had a long week and heard some chatter about some All-Star business, was a little concerned as I had Team Stank nipping at my heels, hope we get through the long week
    I noticed that over the weekend. I think you'll be ok Dirt. You're about 50 points ahead of me. The only question is whether you'll hit 200 or not.
  • Options
    Cant we just call it now while Mark is still losing?