Home General Discussion
Options

Hurricane Matthew

avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
With the hurricane getting close i know we have members and their families that will be affected by this storm.  Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers.
Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White

Comments

• Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep safe everyone in the path.  It looks like where I am in NC is going to be spared a direct hit.
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stay safe and hunker down, try to ride it out in style with booze and smokes y'all! All my love and support for everyone affected by this!
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    CigarPunkCigarPunk Posts: 826 ✭✭✭✭
    Yes be safe stay dry and bunker down
  • Options
    Ryan1990Ryan1990 Posts: 526 ✭✭✭✭
    Stay safe and smoke indoors!
  • Options
    twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thankful for the kind words and support. Looks like we might take a hit  . But doing all I can do!
    imageimage
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• Options
    AlbinfkAlbinfk Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Be safe everyone and smart.
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,245 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hoping all you so'east coasters are safe, you'll be in my thoughts.
  • Options
    genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,043 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stay safe all, thoughts and prayers for you.
  • Options
    MikeToddMikeTodd Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stay safe guys! My thoughts and prayers are with you. My grandma and aunt and uncle are hunkered down inland and so are my friends in Jacksonville.
  • Options
    Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Matthew mostly bypassed us in Broward county. Early today we were ready for the worst but wife and I enjoyed a coffee and cigar.

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Options
    miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stay safe sand bar residents.

Throw on some REO Speedwagon and ride the storm out.
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    talked with my son in Tampa yesterday.  Apparently, in FL, the response to hurricanes is the same as when you tell Tennesseans that snow is coming.  Everyone fills their tanks, buy out all the bread milk and eggs at the local stores. 

I asked him if he was ready, "Oh yeah.  I've got the next 4 days off, and lot's of beer." 

Hope it all stays at sea and no one gets hurt.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    Sketch6995Sketch6995 Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A friend in Port St. Lucie rode it out with no problems, I was worried all night.
    Hope everyone is good.
    The higher.......the fewer.  ( Alexander Rozhenko)

What you can't forgive......you will become.
  • Options
    johnnyBjohnnyB Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stay safe Floridians 
    My prayers are with you 
    Non Crux sed lux
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    talked with my son in Tampa yesterday.  Apparently, in FL, the response to hurricanes is the same as when you tell Tennesseans that snow is coming.  Everyone fills their tanks, buys out all the bread milk and eggs at the local stores. 

I asked him if he was ready, "Oh yeah.  I've got the next 4 days off, and lot's of beer." 

Hope it all stays at sea and no one gets hurt.
    What is it about hurricanes that has everybody craving French toast?
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's the amount of teeth per capita.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
     BWAHAHAHAAA!!

(JPMPL)
  • Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is good news Nick!
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thankful it's over! God blessed our Family and Freinds and kept us all safe! Our neighborhood pretty roughed up. Few fallen trees but no collateral damage. Looks like well be powerless till sometime tomorrow night, but I'll take that no problem!!
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad to hear that. 
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good news!
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    jbohonjbohon Posts: 980 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amen

“I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you f@$# with me, I’ll kill you all.” -Gen. James Mattis, USMC
  • Options
    miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad to hear many are unscathed. Still a lot of destruction along the coast. Help those that u can.

Stay safe everyone.
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• Options
    We got hit harder than we thought after it changed course.  Our streets were rivers, but our home was OK and we did not lose power.  Some parts of Tarboro had water up to the car windows in some of the streets.  The water has receded but they are worrying about flooding of the Tar River.  It's about 12 feet over flood stage and should reach about six more feet by tonight.

We are safe were we are, but I am worried about our downtown area.  The village just below us had to be evacuated as of 7 PM last night.  I guess the bad news is not over yet.  The good news is that they are not calling for any more rain for the next ;week or so.
  • Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any update?
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    The levee held, but the Tar River was so high, it went around the ends and flooded Princeville anyway.  It is completely under water.  Fortunately, when they were worried about the levee breaching, everyone was evacuated so there was no loss of life, but many of my students and some of our staff live there and they lost everything.

It is really eerie that there is bright sunshine and beautiful weather, but there is so much flooding.  It will be months before the actual damage is assessed.
  • Options
    Ryan1990Ryan1990 Posts: 526 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the update @YankeeMan. We'll be keeping your students and staff in our prayers.