Home General Discussion
Options

Would there be any interest in an outdoor camping or cabin Herf in TN

TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
Just wondering who would be interested in having a TN Herf ata camp ground. I love Smoking around a fire. We have some great parks in TN. I was thinking about Center Hill lake (Edgar Evans)  would anyone come. I was thinking about May of 2017. 
I was born a fool, and just got bigger!

Comments

• Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll let you know around March.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,983 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They had a smokey mountain herf a couple months ago. You must have just missed it
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,432 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think BigFoot was on the forum back then...

You might want to try and coordinate that with @Nolagizmo.  He comes up to spend some time with his inlaws in Sevierville every July - that's where a few of us met up this year.

As much as I like the camping herf idea, the camping part of it might be hard for those coming in from out of town.  I'd just rent a room nearby, and then hang out at the campsite, but drive back to crash.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    Thanks for the info I wasn't aware of the Herf in the Smokies, that actually sounds like a great time.

The park I was speaking of actually has cabins as well.  Really I was just throwing it out for discussion of interest, However I like the idea of the Smokies better. Gatlinburg Pigeon Forge, and Sevierville are all great places!!!
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just wondering who would be interested in having a TN Herf ata camp ground. I love Smoking around a fire. We have some great parks in TN. I was thinking about Center Hill lake (Edgar Evans)  would anyone come. I was thinking about May of 2017. 
    Absofreakinlootly

Count me in.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,432 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the info I wasn't aware of the Herf in the Smokies, that actually sounds like a great time.

The park I was speaking of actually has cabins as well.  Really I was just throwing it out for discussion of interest, However I like the idea of the Smokies better. Gatlinburg Pigeon Forge, and Sevierville are all great places!!!
    The only downside to last year's TN herf was the traffic and tourists.  If there's a way to avoid that at some remote campsite that would be cool, especially if it was still close enough to a metro area with a good B&M or two.  Last year we made an hour drive to visit a couple nice B&M's.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    peter4jc said:
    The only downside to last year's TN herf was the traffic and tourists.  If there's a way to avoid that at some remote campsite that would be cool, especially if it was still close enough to a metro area with a good B&M or two.  Last year we made an hour drive to visit a couple nice B&M's.
    Ah, the fly in the ointment, @peter4jc I haven't thought about that.  Hum....
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    peter4jc said:
    Ah, the fly in the ointment, @peter4jc I haven't thought about that.  Hum....
    Yeah, leave it to Peter to muck things up. I've been told he can screw up a cannonball....   :p
  • Options
    NolagizmoNolagizmo Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Peter that was a fun hour drive though. We all had a smoke and bs ed the whole way there and back. I'm still thinking about that bourbon menu at the late night pizza place!
    "Come party with me in Tennessee for my birthday July we can smoke in the Smokey's."
  • Options
    Nolagizmo said:
    Peter that was a fun hour drive though. We all had a smoke and bs ed the whole way there and back. I'm still thinking about that bourbon menu at the late night pizza place!
    @Nolagizmo
    Which B&M did you go to? There is a small in the Gatlinburg Mnt Mall I go to when I'm in the area but I am always looking for new places when visiting the area. I get up that way a couple times a year. 
  • Options
    We went to Smokeys in Knoxville my man 3rd Starr from another group met us at another b & m with a great selection and no atmosphere then took us there
    "Come party with me in Tennessee for my birthday July we can smoke in the Smokey's."
  • Options
    I'll need to check it out next time I'm up that way. 
  • Options
    Smokeys was great. I bet if I had enough people we would have taken over the other place. I would goto Smokeys regularly if I lived there. 
  • Options
    @Nolagizmo when is the next Herf in the smokies I would love to participate 
  • Options
    My birthday is July 5th I spend 10 days up there and my birthday is always 1 of em. Pick a weekend. Maybe you will have better organization skills. I got Peter and Bob to come and had an amazing time with them. I even had a shrimp boil with Peter. 
  • Options
    That sounds good,  I don't know about my organization skills, lol.  I'll PM you later I will need to check my schedule for that time.
  • Options
    CigarPunkCigarPunk Posts: 826 ✭✭✭✭
    You lost me at shrimp.boil. 
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd definitely be interested in another herf in TN in addition to the smokey mtn herf. I've thought about hosting a herf in Murfreesboro TN. I can't claim that it would be a great meeting place except I do have a kick-ass name for it. "The Murf Herf". 
  • Options
    CigarPunkCigarPunk Posts: 826 ✭✭✭✭
    Mere Herf. Love it
  • Options
    @Bob_Luken I love it, great name. 
  • Options
    Sketch6995Sketch6995 Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Count me in, I'd I've to add more smoke to the smokey mtns.
    The higher.......the fewer.  ( Alexander Rozhenko)

What you can't forgive......you will become.