Home General Discussion
Options

RH problems?

I have a question. I have 65 RH boveda packs in my humidor now, but my cigars are having problems staying lit, every 10 or so minutes I'm having to relight my stick , should I go with the 72RH packs or are beads better? would rising the RH solve this problem of having to relight my sticks

Comments

• Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Typically they would burn too fast if dry. Do you have any other humidification in there?
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Going higher would compound the issue
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you have a hygrometer in there?  Boveda packs are great, but I would not depend on the number on the pack.

If you can, take your smoke out of the humi and leave  it where you plan on smoking for 30-60 minutes.  Helps to aclimate
  • Options
    miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dry box them and see if that helps, certain brands smoke better when dry boxed.
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,734 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How often are you drawing on them?  Could just be your smoking pace is to slow.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    10toes5410toes54 Posts: 85 ✭✭
    Wylaff said:
    Typically they would burn too fast if dry. Do you have any other humidification in there?
    No
  • Options
    How often are you drawing on them?  Could just be your smoking pace is to slow.
    About a minute between draws 
  • Options
    Wylaff said:
    No
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,016 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes a minute between draws is just right. Sometimes it ain't. 
    It's tricky sometimes if the stick doesn't fit my draw style. If the stick requires more draws, I give it more draws. But, If that creates a hotter burn and a harsh taste, it gets tossed. And sometimes it's rolled too tight for me to manage a slow, dying burn. I toss it. 

One more question. 

Image result for columbo just one more thing gif

Which make and model sticks in particular, are you having problems with?

Some are notorious for this exact problem. Alec Bradley Prensados (if I recall correctly,) are bad about this.