Home General Discussion
Options

Burnt Fingers

TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
I really have never burned my fingers maybe signed them. I just hate putting a good stick down before it is completely gone. What is the best solution?
I was born a fool, and just got bigger!

Comments

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭✭✭
    nubber
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    nubber
    Is that a problem or the solution or do i just need counseling lol
  • Options
    jbohonjbohon Posts: 980 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup. Nubber. 

“I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you f@$# with me, I’ll kill you all.” -Gen. James Mattis, USMC
  • Options
    miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭

Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,660 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Take a look at the Watcha Smoking threads, @miller65rod usually has a picture of a nubber
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭✭✭

A paper clip, straightened then bent into a U making the ends equal.  Works great, I recommend the large clips.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    nubber
    Is that a problem or the solution or do i just need counseling lol
    Just find a guy called @Stubble , piss him off and you should be on your way.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    +1 on the corn cob holder.  The toothpick tends to let the cigar revolve a little.
  • Options
    Rockethead26Rockethead26 Posts: 296 ✭✭✭✭
    Life is good, don't waste it.
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's a photo of a Stubble Nubber. 

• Options
    jlmarta said:

Where can I buy I one?
  • Options
    GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jlmarta said:

Where can I buy I one?
    How are your dry begging skills? 
    @Stubble makes them and they feel even better than they look! 
    Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stubble doesn't respond to dry-begging; if you go that route, you'll never get one.  And, I doubt he'd sell one either.  He's been incredibly generous in gifting them, but it ought to be his idea and don't think we should be volunteering him.

However, you can find the elk antler tips on ebay, along with 1/16" stainless rod... drill holes, cut rods and put a point on them, insert...  There's more to it than that, but it's not rocket surgery, mostly time-consuming and putzy.  I've made a dozen of them already; gifted most of them, and sold some to BOTLs at my B&M.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    Thanks Peter. Sometimes I reply before thinking it through and Steve is not DZR.
  • Options
    miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who ever dry begs on this site? That is preposterous.

I still want some cookies BTW.
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• Options
    Hey, I appreciate all the information.  It got me to thinking, for now I have made a make shift nubber out of a paper clip, next I am going to pursue some ideas of making one, just I am usually not all that crafty, however I know few people who are. 
    In fact I really appreciate all the help because now I know I'm not the only one that doesn't want to put a good cigar down. 
  • Options
    Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭✭✭

I saw a guy at a local cigar bar using what looked like a roach clip for years gone by on steroids.

I have only had a few cigars that I liked so much that I wanted to smoke them down that far.  Hope to find one that good one of these days.

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Options
    EmceeEmcee Posts: 132 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    I've got a close friend that smokes every stick down to the bitter end, and he usually ends up with some slightly scorched fingers.  I've been trying to find something like that nubber for him.  I think I'll try my hand at making one for him.  He's retired Army, several tours in places he can't talk about, so I'm going to try to find an empty jacket from a 7.62 round and see about welding a couple of little spikes on it for him.  
  • Options
    Guitarded said:
    jlmarta said:

Where can I buy I one?
    How are your dry begging skills? 
    @Stubble makes them and they feel even better than they look! 
    Ooh, @Guitarded , I wasn't thinking about it like that.

No, I was thinking more along the lines of @TNBigfoot68 gathering some of his better sticks and finding an address to send them to, then waiting to see what kind of destruction his actions brought.

I should stay out of these things.

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe Stubble posted a picture of his crop of nubbers, right before harvest. Might be the wrong season for them.
  • Options
    My lame attempt at humor earned me a reminder that volunteering another BOTL is inappropriate. Lesson learned. TY 
  • Options
    It's all good @Guitarded.  I was mainly wanting advice, and humorous discussion of my desperate attempt to get every puff I can. LOL. 
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's a lil' sumpin' heading out today.  Enjoy Paul, and remember you promised to not hit back.  I'll PM a few suggestions as to who might be an appropriate target should you be inclined to pay it forward.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    Thanks @peter4jc if you were to send me an addy I will send a peanut butter fudge + 5 bodyguards. Just made one batch a few days ago and wondering what to do with it. 
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do it Snakekillah do it!!
  • Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,983 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice one Buster!! 
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter