Home Cigar 101

This local smoke lounge...

...rents out humidor space. Pretty nifty too, wooden box in the wall with a key. The rent is $500 a year and with it you get a $500 gift card to the place with 10% off drinks. I'm in New York so the places to truly enjoy a cigar are limited. I don't want to smoke in my apartment plus I like the atmosphere of the place. It seems to me it is worth it. It is also down the block from where I work and 10 minutes from where I live. Thoughts?

Comments

• jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Utopia. Close by. Inexpensive. How can ya beat it?

Think in terms of $10 per week. 

Now, Hello. Welcome to the asylum. Drop on over to the Newbie Welcoming thread and introduce yourself. Be sure to sign up for the newsletter. 
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay?
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • AlbinfkAlbinfk Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where is this place? I'll tell my son about it. He lives there.
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    a $500 gift card AND 10% off drinks, they are paying you to stop in there 
    A little dirt never hurt
  • TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I was there I would sign up just for the gift card, lol.
    I was born a fool, and just got bigger!
  • WaterNerdWaterNerd Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wish I had a place like that around here... Would be a great place to stop by on the way home from work.
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
    — Abraham Lincoln

• variant2variant2 Posts: 882 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    That's a great deal -- especially for NY. Smoking cigars is even a better experience when you're hanging with cool peeps. 

Cнeerѕ! Moтнerғυcĸer
  • BigMikeNYBigMikeNY Posts: 3
    It's in Rockland County, NY. More specifically it's Cigar Kings in Nanuet. Thanks for the support all,  I'll be sure to introduce myself shortly. It is a great spot, newly renovated with leather chairs and couches along with huge 70" screen tvs. It's quiet but there's always people there. The regulars are nice and friendly but are not intrusive. They also have events where representives from different brands come and introduce new smokes. I picked up some Montecristo New York torpedoes which has a good draw with the classic nut and coffee hint of flavor. They are having a Macallan rep come and give a presentation on pairing. Thanks again all and I look forward to this community. 
  • AlbinfkAlbinfk Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those Monte NY are very good. My B&M upstate sell those.
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0patience said:
    If there were a place like that around me 10 minutes from where I live, MY WIFE would pay for that to get me some place I could smoke in peace and quiet.
    Whatever gets you out the damn house, right?
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• ZuluEchoPapaZuluEchoPapa Posts: 22 ✭✭
    Sounds like a pretty good deal to me. I'd do it in a heartbeat.
  • Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That 500 dollar gift card itself is a great incentive. 
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • EmceeEmcee Posts: 132 ✭✭✭
    Diver43 said:
    That 500 dollar gift card itself is a great incentive. 
    Absolutely!  You get your money back, they get the profits off the cigars you buy with it.  And they get a loyal customer who is likely to spend more than that throughout a year with them.
  • Phil_from_ChicagoPhil_from_Chicago Posts: 182 ✭✭✭
    **** I would get a locker here just for the freebie lol. I live in Michigan
    Originally from Chicago

I enjoy good cigars and bourbon,