Home Cigar 101
Options

School me

Bat-mastersonBat-masterson Posts: 62 ✭✭✭
Brought a used tower humidor, with a old disgusting  Oasis  Magna, not even going to bother with it ordered a new one.

Parents were selling it for their son that moved out married  and had kids, 

Question is on a some cigars left in it that i would like to know more about.

13 Cohiba Edicion Limitada 2004

Box of the Fuente Story, released 2008, box 3125 out of 4000. has 4 cigars in the box plus a box about their history.  forbidden  2004 X, 2-2005 opus X, and a 2006 Don Carlos.

Comments

• Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are they dried up crap, or were they stored correctly?
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭

Question is on a some cigars left in it that i would like to know more about.

Maybe I missed it....but what's the question? 

What do you want to know about these cigars? 

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    Bat-mastersonBat-masterson Posts: 62 ✭✭✭
    Are they dried up crap, or were they stored correctly?
    Not bad but getting there, they had the Oasis running but looks like it went without water for some time.
    Smoked a Corona  Guantanamera habana, that was dry.
    Also have some Montecristo Habana about 30 of them.

• Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They don't look too bad, you might have scored.  As for wanting to know what you have, google will have all the answers.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    To see how dried out they might or might not be,......Place a bunch of (or all of) the new-to-you cigars in a gallon ziplock bag with a hygrometer and squeeze out any excess air. Keep it in a cooler or humidor away from any temperature swings. Leave it 12 hours or 24 hours or, til the hygrometer is consistently giving you the same number. To be real science-y you could also do that with your own cigars for comparison. 
  • Options
    avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You won't like any of those cigars. Feel free to send them to me so I can properly dispose of them.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    The Cohiba's are sublimes. They be rare and one exceptional smoke. It looks like there may be some mold or dirt on one of them.

You need to try and bring them things back to life. That is a score.

BTW this is one of the rarest Edicions around and boxes if available go for over 3-4000 bucks. It is also one of the most faked Edicion's ever.

Do you have the box?
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• Options
    Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    Looks like you scored. This hobby always amazes me. It's like finding a 63' corvette barn find. Or Micky Mantle baseball card. 
  • Options
    The Fuente Box I believe is the 2008 release of Journey to Chateau de la Fuente version #1.

4,000 made, it came in a brown box which should be numbered. It contained

2 Fuente Fuente OpusX, Scorpio 2005
    1 Don Carlos Edicion de Aniversario, Double Robusto 2006
    1 Fuente Fuente Forbidden X, Toro 2004

Sold for 160.00

Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• Options
    edited December 2016
    As far as resale goes if you wanted to ....the Opus should be easy to sell. The Cohiba's not so easy at market value. CC's are still illegal and in order to get max value you would have to be absolutely sure they have been stored properly and a box would help as well and then it would have to go through an out of country auction site IMO. You could sell online but no where near what they would be in an authentic cigar auction. You could reach out to some foreign shops for more help or info etc. I see some wrapper damage as well so that will devalue somewhat. The other Monte's are just regular production and unless you have the boxes or box codes I don't see any increase in value. I see what looks like mold on them also. 

Personally I would sell the Opus's and smoke the living shitee out of those CC's. If those Cohiba's are still good and you have a palate u may not ever smoke a better cigar.
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• Options
    AlbinfkAlbinfk Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like Rodney's working a trade here.
  • Options
    Albinfk said:
    Sounds like Rodney's working a trade here.

I don't smoke that shiit Yuck

I prefer well aged Bahia's
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got your Bahia's right here, buster.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    peter4jc said:
    I got your Bahia's right here, buster.

• Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to know what getting married and having kids has to do with giving up cigars?
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rhamlin said:
    I'd like to know what getting married and having kids has to do with giving up cigars?
    Best answer:  funds

Worst answer:  she doesn't like it
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The mold tells us the sticks obviously were still in a humid environment. Take Bob_Luken's advise but I'd like to add to try as much as possible to keep the contaminated sticks away from the ones that might not be contaminated yet…But unfortunately mold spores are your enemy with this find. I would try also to somehow get ahold of the guy through his parents to learn more about the collection, how long he had it etc. but thats just me.

If it were me get them to 65% humidity or a little less depending on preference and smoke them or with friends. Don't forget to eat a big meal!!!! 
    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is that mold AND plume
    A little dirt never hurt