Home Non Cigar Related

Texas put Trump over.

Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
Funny how the State bordering Mexico put him  over. Is it a sign of things to come?  I sell to restaurants that have both legal and questionable legal employee. I believe all unauthorized  U.S. occupants  should be legalized and pay their fair share of state, federal, Social Security,  Taxes. Just like me. 

Comments

• jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    What is it about the word 'illegal' that so many folks don't understand?  It boggles one to try to comprehend how just being in this country should be grounds for amnesty of some sort. 

Get a grip, dummies. Illegal means illegal. All you bleeding hearts who think we should just let them stay and automatically become legal need to have your heads examined.  :s

BTW, this comment isn't necessarily directed to you, @Dark_Roast, it's aimed at the folks who think as I've outlined...  
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So how is it fair to those people who went through the proper channels and paid thousands of dollars getting their citizenship?

Do we give those people their money back? Do we tell them sorry, but if you'd have entered illegally, we would have just given you citizenship?
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems like Reagan, of all people, granted amnesty with some strings, they had to learn our constitution and government. Had a gentleman work for me a few years back that entered illegal but became legal in the '80s. delightful man, hard working
    A little dirt never hurt
    The question is, HOW did he become legal?  By going through proper channels or by some form of amnesty?

If he went through channels then I'm all for him. If some liberal decided 'Aw, we'll let you stay 'cause you seem so oppressed' then I call foul....  
    He told me, and I haven't really researched it, that Reagan had put a program in place to give illegals an opportunity to become legal and he took it. Reagan was anything but liberal, I have time, will look into it. 
    A little dirt never hurt
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immigration_Reform_and_Control_Act_of_1986

There ya go, it did happen  I had always just taken this guys story as fact, kinda restores your faith in humanity, somebody didnt just bs me
    A little dirt never hurt
    In the case you've described, Randy, your point is well taken and I'll concede it to you with some comment. To me, the man you mentioned went through proper channels if he complied with enough of the requirements as specified in the act. 

On the other hand, the kind of amnesty one hears most often bandied about doesn't mention meeting any requirements - just a blanket amnesty for illegals already here and not likely to leave on their own any time soon. 

I think it's fair to say that they feel they have the numbers on their side - that it's pretty damned hard to round up a few million illegals and deport them with the puny manpower we have to throw at the problem. And with liberals so anxious to give away benefits that we've worked for and at the same time using the argument that we haven't the budget to pay for enough manpower to move the illegals back over the border why wouldn't the illegals feel pretty secure right where they are?  I think they do and I think that's part of what infuriates folks like me. 

I have no problem with them becoming citizens by going through the proper steps, learning the language, some of our history, etc. but I draw the line at giving them our Social Security, welfare, food stamps, etc. until they've earned it. That's the kind of thing the bleeding hearts want to give them and I'll object until my last breath. 

I am with ya Marty, the giveaways need to stop. The guy I knew did go through the proper channels and was very grateful for his opportunity to become whole with this country, of course becoming legal opened up a lot of opportunities that were not there as an illegal. I am still not certain how I stand on all of this. I am sure the guy that trims my palm trees is illegal but damn, there aren't any white boys that do that work in Arizona
    A little dirt never hurt
    I seem to recall reading something about an employer with less than three illegal employees....  some kinda loophole. I'd have to go back and read it again but I think one palm tree trimmer won't cause you any problem with the law.... 
    Yeah, here it is...

The law criminalized the act of engaging in a "pattern or practice" of knowingly hiring an "unauthorized alien"[3] and established financial and other penalties for those employing illegal immigrants under the theory that low prospects for employment would reduce undocumented immigration. Regulations promulgated under the Act introduced the I-9 form to ensure that all employees presented documentary proof of their legal eligibility to accept employment in the United States.[4]

These sanctions would apply only to employers that had more than three employees and did not make a sufficient effort to determine the legal status of their workers.

I know that being so close to the border we may have more of this than is normal but probably not.

Threadjack Alert, have probably crossed that threshold already,

Is everybody OK with the State Dept. giving away visas to countries they feel would make us more diverse.
    A little dirt never hurt
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We need more swedish women. Mmmmmm, diversity.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wylaff said:
    Racist.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• MikeToddMikeTodd Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wylaff said:
    We need more eastern european women with blond hair and big boobs. Mmmmmm, diversity.
    There. I fixed it so it ain't racist.
  • miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wylaff said:

Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MikeTodd said:
    Wylaff said:
    We need more eastern european women with blond hair and big boobs. Mmmmmm, diversity.
    There. I fixed it so it ain't racist.
    Misogynist.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bill is an angry white man, he won't be able to use the bathrooms and closets in the WH for his little get togethers with interns. Lets face it, bill, hillary and liberals put Trump over. 
  • Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    ^^^ JD you are absolutely correct. The Republicans did not win as much as the lazy give me a free ride Democrats sat on their arsses gave it up. Mr. TRUMP will tell you anything you want to hear as long as it gets him what he wants. Problem for him now is he is playing in uncharted water. He will be lied to and miss informed beyond anything you could imagine and if he is not highly respected or feared he will be pissing in the wind for four years. Politics will be politics for an infinite time beyond your generations and mine. Nice to see you posting.