Home Cigar 101

Old Coach has Questions

coach946coach946 Posts: 10
Old man, but knew to this site.  My Question is, what makes this the best market out there?  Prelim, I've never ordered my sticks from anywhere else.  Always bought them from a BM store. 
Just threw this bone out to see what the Bulldog would bring home?

Comments

• dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    I have never had a problem ordering here but from what I hear the customer service is top notch, if you have an issue they will make it right.

Oh, and welcome to the forum @coach946
    A little dirt never hurt
  • coach946coach946 Posts: 10
    Thank for the forum.  I've never had a problem either.  Was just wondering if anybody else did or where the prices fell for the competition. 

Hey coach, just noticed you were from Oklahoma, it seems I just read where our resident Oldfart @jmarta had friends or relatives from Oklahoma, where are you from?
    A little dirt never hurt
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are deals all over. Daily deals, sprint sale and getting on a ccom rep's email list.
    It's just like anything else, prices vary and you just have to,keep your eyes open,
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
    I live in Wagoner....
    Thank you 0patience, how do I go about getting involved with those circles?
    Here are the links, but they are on the site too.

Daily Deal

Deal of the Week

Sprint Sale

Call or email Ccom, ask for a rep. When you get one, Tim, Andrew, etc, email them and ask to be on their email sale list.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
    Just checked out the Sprint Sale. 
    Is there a list of upcoming brands.?
    Second choice......
     Do you just sit and enjoy a good cigar and a Jameson?

• jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forum @coach946

To be honest, I really enjoy a cigar with water. Second choice would be some nice sipping whisk(e)y, neat. Third choice is w/ coffee. 

If if I may throw my .02, Ccom has good prices, takes care of her customers, and ships humidified. Plus they run this forum--one of the nicest corners of all the internet.

Hope you'll stay and enjoy the company here

-Jay
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
    Thanks jarubla
    I will go with your 2nd choice.  Right now a rock glass of Irish Whiskey and a Diesel Heart of Darkness.
    Sprint sale is one of those, what you see is what you get.
    If you are looking for a specific cigar, it is possible to sit there all day and not have it come up.
    Then again, I've been lucky and had stuff I like ahow up fairly regularly.

As for pairing.
    I like my Sarsparilla and a cigar. 
    The Sarsparilla goes well with cameroons.
    It's all a matter of taste.
    If you like bourbon, whiskey or whatever, it all boils down to what you like.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
    Customer service
    A little dirt never hurt
  • AlbinfkAlbinfk Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome @coach946
  • TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good to meet you @coach946 welcome aboard 
    I was born a fool, and just got bigger!
    edited December 2016
    Thanks to everybody that responded.  Been away for a few days.  Checked out the sprint sale, loved the anticipation of the buy, could never close the deal.  but, like someone new to a game, I will figure it out.
    The sprint sale is quite addictive!  Thanks to the forum for introducing this old coach to a way to buy some new cigars that I wouldn't have never looked at!
  • avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @coach946 are you a badger fan?
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @coach946

When on Sprint make sure you have a 2nd screen up that shows the cigars you are watching, at the top of the page "Cigar Brands". Too many people think the Sprint starting price is a deal, it ain't.

Also make sure you know what "specials" are being offered. There are usually some good ones.

As far as C.Com's service goes, you can't beat it. They have corrected problems for me that they did not cause.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    peter4jc said:
    Sitting around and watching the Sprint Sale can be fun, and the free shipping is no doubt a bonus.  But if it were me, and there were a couple 5'ers I wanted, I'd just pick up the phone and call Andy - ask him, "Hey, I want this and that, and if it was on Sprint Sale, what would they go for?"  He'll say $x.00, and you're golden.  I've asked him more than once if they mind calls like that, or calls asking them to match the price on another site, and every time he says 'heck, no'.
    Yep. I remember buying a bundle then saw them on sale cheaper somewhere else the next day and they matched the price. 
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rhamlin said:
    peter4jc said:
    Sitting around and watching the Sprint Sale can be fun, and the free shipping is no doubt a bonus.  But if it were me, and there were a couple 5'ers I wanted, I'd just pick up the phone and call Andy - ask him, "Hey, I want this and that, and if it was on Sprint Sale, what would they go for?"  He'll say $x.00, and you're golden.  I've asked him more than once if they mind calls like that, or calls asking them to match the price on another site, and every time he says 'heck, no'.
    Yep. I remember buying a bundle then saw them on sale cheaper somewhere else the next day and they matched the price. 
    Oh and welcome to the forum brother. It's a heck of a good group of guys and a few gals. If you love cigars your in the right place. 
    Where did the old @Coach946 go? Did @avengethis scare him off with all this Badger babble
    A little dirt never hurt
    Old Coach doesn't get scared off that easy.  Just been busy with offseason football and baseball season coming up..  If anyone is interested, I'm smoking a A J Fernandez Ruination with a rock glass of Jameson. 
    Just read one of the earlier post.  I've just got one thing to add.
    @avengethis....Boomer Sooner...baby!!!!!!