Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Finally a day with no tears

RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
Well my little girl got married yesterday. Carla has cried so much over the last 10 days because she couldn't be there. Then add on her right arm and leg being paralyzed because of the brain tumor. 
We had some good friends that made sure she was able to watch it on Facebook live. Then after the wedding we headed over to the hospital and they redid their vows and the preacher signed the marriage certificate in Carla's hospital room. 
 Not as good as being there but she was so happy for a change. The videos are on my FB page. And I wanted to share a little more good news Carla was able to wiggle her fingers today. Still cant move her arm or leg but it's something. So today was a good day. 
 So here I am sitting on the back porch with one of my favorite smokes ever. I'll take any victory I can get these days. 

Comments

• Options
    AlbinfkAlbinfk Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My hat is off to you sir. Wishing you the best outcome possible on the new year and congrats on your daughter's wedding.
  • Options
    bert873bert873 Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats on the wedding. Continuing to send prayers for you and your wife and I hope the new year brings continued happiness. 
  • Options
    onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My wife and I continue to keep y'all in our thoughts and prayers.
  • Options
    TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats for your family for the wedding,  and praying for Carla.
    I was born a fool, and just got bigger!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 191 ✭✭✭
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ricky, that is fantastic!
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • Options
    skydiverDskydiverD Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad to hear Ricky. Cherish every moment.  
    How do you like my profile pic Taborski?   @matkn293          
  • Options
    genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for sharing, that is awesome 
  • Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Many more 'no tears' days ahead
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    To many many more no tears days ahead and in store for you guys, congrats on the marriage and wonderful news about Carla! Thanks for sharing ricky!
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You will be in our prayers.
  • Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,171 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I pray for strength for both of you.
  • Options
    arch72arch72 Posts: 772 ✭✭✭✭
    Really great news @Rhamlin glad to hear she has some movement I am still prying for you both and congrats on the wedding bother keep strong 
  • Options
    Yeah it was a great wedding but I'll never get over the feeling she abandoned us even though I told her I will probably lose my job If she left. 
  • Options
    Ricky, how do you mean? Would that be due to you having to be off boat more?
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • Options
    jarubla said:
    Ricky, how do you mean? Would that be due to you having to be off boat more?
    Yeah. I've only got 49 more days of FMLA left after the last time. The one bright spot is that it's such a high demand job going back to work wouldn't really be a problem. It's just every time I mention going back she starts crying saying I can't leave her in that nursing home. It's all a big mess. And she caused so much drama her treatments came a week after they really should have. It is what it is I guess. She just doesn't seem to grasp it. 
  • Options
    arch72arch72 Posts: 772 ✭✭✭✭
    Amen  @TNBigfoot68 
  • Options
    Rhamlin said:
    Yeah. I've only got 49 more days of FMLA left after the last time. The one bright spot is that it's such a high demand job going back to work wouldn't really be a problem. It's just every time I mention going back she starts crying saying I can't leave her in that nursing home. It's all a big mess. And she caused so much drama her treatments came a week after they really should have. It is what it is I guess. She just doesn't seem to grasp it. 
    Thank you for explaining that, Brother. Sending prayers your way, and wish I lived nearby so we could sit and enjoy a few pours of some Blantons together. 
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very touching. My heart just breaks for your family. You guys found a way to make it special though and that is great. Keep her spirits up. That is part of the fight. In my thoughts and prayers still. 
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is good you have friends that went the extra step for you guys, they are hard to find. Redoing the vows was a genius idea.

Wiggling fingers is such a good sign, so small and so huge.

My thoughts and wishes going your way. If there is anything I can do don't hesitate to let me know.
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats to you both, sounds like a special day shared with their special people.