Calibrating my hydrometer

I just got a new humidor for Christmas and it has a digital  hydrometer built in the front. I was wondering if there was any way to check the accuracy of it or should I trust it out of the box? 

Comments

• Sketch6995Sketch6995 Grand Junction Co.Posts: 4,444 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You need to calibrate it.
    It should just pop out.
    I use a tupperware dish with sealing lid, and a 75% boveda, then leave it for 24 hrs.
    Some use a ziplock bag 
    The higher.......the fewer.  ( Alexander Rozhenko)

What you can't forgive......you will become.
  • DukeHavanaDukeHavana Posts: 3
    Thanks for the tips, I will see if it just pops out and go from there. 

• YaksterYakster La Zona State of Mind when I haven't forgotten the coffee filtersPosts: 7,827 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's a thread on this forum about checking the calibration of Zikar hygrometers, that Zikar recommends checking them in Tupperware, not in a bag.  For some reason, maybe because of where the vents and the sensor is located the Zikar's don't read accurately in a Ziploc bag.  I checked the calibrations of my three hygrometers, stuck them in upside-down Tupperware with a Boveda calibration pack to check their accuracy, it worked well.  
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today.

Join me on the Android vHerf (from link in Evernote on Android) or iOS vHerf Link -Chris
  • KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    Just Calibrated my "Sensorpush" over 36 hours w/ Boveda's One Step Calibration kit. Worked well.