Home Cigar 101

Bought 2 NewAIr Aw-281E…Problems

2»

Comments

• TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @peter4jc, I assure you it is not bunk.    
    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No I would say it is bunk.  Spanish cedar is used because of its moisture retention properties.  It holds and releases moisture which is what is used in the aging process.  The wood has nothing to do with it.  My coolers are all plastic and my cigars age very nicely, so your "theory" is wrong.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
    @avengethis
    Well I posted some very information regarding, aging, spanish cedar, aroma and just about everything else regarding storing and aging but it said my comment had to be approved? Guess the link wasn't allowed to a cigar review, interview website, I honestly don't know.
    I'm about to call Air and Water and explain things with the POS cooler and get another return label. What a nightmare this has been!
    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
    No I would say it is bunk.  Spanish cedar is used because of its moisture retention properties.  It holds and releases moisture which is what is used in the aging process.  The wood has nothing to do with it.  My coolers are all plastic and my cigars age very nicely, so your "theory" is wrong.
    I am absolutely shocked you are saying this information. I honestly can't tell if this is an inside joke between you and @peter4jc, or if y'all are testing me as I'm still a relatively new member but I am not wrong and this is not my theory. For storing cigars what you have said will work fine.  

Gentlemen please read http://cigardojo.com/2015/05/aging-cigars-to-perfection/

This aging practice is common with 100's of cigar families, they have very strict steps they follow so the consumer (us) gets what we expect and pay for. This is the absolute best information I have ever found about aging cigars in one place. I highly doubt Isaias Santana Diaz who make and ages cigars for a living is wrong.

Again I am guessing this a joke or test between you and @peter4jc sense I am still a relatively new member to the site.   
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not a joke or a test; we would never do that to you.  Well, maybe we would, but we didn't.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
    peter4jc said:
    Not a joke or a test; we would never do that to you.  Well, maybe we would, but we didn't.
    It seems my comment from over a year ago was finally approved by forum moderators LOL. I did NOT post that today at 10:38AM…
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "This humidor is also thermoelectrically powered meaning that it will operate very quietly," ... says their ad copy
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

@webmost, Oh they all were "real quiet" lol

Got a murdered out coolidor now and couldn't be happier with it!