Home General Discussion
Options

5 Vegas Gold Bar

jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
Has anyone smoked one? I just realized that I haven't, and have put in a request with CCom.

Comments

• Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,653 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have had a few 5 Vegas but not sure of the Gold Bar. The 5 Vegas smokes I have had were decent 
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You'll love it, @jd50ae .  A generous helping of the 5V Gold flavor you're so fond of.  Too big for me, but the one from the COTM was worth it just for the experience.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    transplanttransplant Posts: 111 ✭✭✭
    Isn't it just a box-pressed version of the 5V Gold? 

It took me a long time to get around to trying the 5V Gold, but I bought 10 of em a couple months ago.  I found it to be a good, solid mild cigar.  I realize that the full-bodied-only crowd scoffs at these smokes, but if you're a fan of mild cigars or, like me, a fan of variety, the 5V Gold is worth having in your humidor.
    Kipling was a wise man.
  • Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had some bad cigars in my days but the 5 Vegas gold was probably the worst cigar I've had. If i had more (I don't) I don't think they would be worth the shipping cost to send to someone they were that bad... To me.
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isn't it just a box-pressed version of the 5V Gold? 
    It's a 6.0" x 62 so it's a bigger ring gauge than even the Gold Bullion (6.0" x 60).
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not exactly "box" pressed.  It's shaped like a gold bar, wider on one side.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    Sketch6995Sketch6995 Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with nick.
    5 vegas I smoked tasted like it had hair in it.
    Probably the fastest I ever tossed a cigar.
    But idk if it was the gold bar.
    The higher.......the fewer.  ( Alexander Rozhenko)

What you can't forgive......you will become.
  • Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I stay out of all cinco vegas talk, Charlie @CharlieHeis knows how I really feel about them. 
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    I think it's interesting how you either love or hate this cigar.  I'm a variety sorta guy who's quick to reach for a Ruination but Gold is one of the only 5Vs I like.