Home General Discussion

What in the world.....??

2»

Comments

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,534 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How long until they find out about the Google Hangouts vHerf?  Oh, the humanity.   :D
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
    webmost said:
    Hey, guys, chill. It's not as easy as "Okay gimme a sec... there, try it now" any more. You got pointers to pointers and verbosity to the max any more. Lose a pointer to a css file, and it may take some time to run down what's not up. I've been sitting in this chair hacking thru a list of busted features on a client's site since five a.m. All sounds easy until you have to deal with it. It's the same as cars. Used to be, you'd lift the hood, climb in and set on the wheel well, set your beer on the firewall, and get to work. Turn the distributor right and left until she sounded sweet. Not no more.

The overall trend in software of any kind has always been galloping featuritis. Up the complexity until it falls on its face. At this point, most every face has got the rug burn.
    Looks like the forum threw a pointer again to the CSS style sheet. Hope it gets fixed soon. 

• TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not able to check out anything on the promotion side, especially the sprint sale!  but hey, I probably didn't need to buy any-th--I---n---g an--------y way. Oh CRAP GET IT FIXED NOW, lol!!
    I was born a fool, and just got bigger!
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    now what?

crap!
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Sketch6995Sketch6995 Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's working fine for me

The higher.......the fewer.  ( Alexander Rozhenko)

What you can't forgive......you will become.
    edited April 2017
    I was able to get there earlier, need to tell @jd50ae that there's a 5 Vegas Gold Churchill deal on the Daily Deal, but now I can't load the commercial cigar.com site at all, just the forum.  Hoping this means a server reboot or a fix is coming soon.

HTTP Error 503. The service is unavailable... [update] main site came back, css style still messed up on the forum.

• Sketch6995Sketch6995 Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like I spoke too soon lol

The higher.......the fewer.  ( Alexander Rozhenko)

What you can't forgive......you will become.
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    put in an order right before this weirdness happened, hmmm...

hoping for the best.

B)
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
    Seems to be fixed, crossing my fingers that the fix holds for a bit.